• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Pache in left tonight. While he’s better than Ender at center, he’s played corner OF before and Ender hasn’t. If Pache is here to stay the OF will likely be Acuña-Pache-Markakis/Duvall with Ozuna DH once Acuña is back.

Not to be a dick, especially since this whole season is wacky and could end at any moment, but is it irritating other people that Albies and Acuna are sitting out for extended periods of time to due a bad wrist bruise and wrist "inflammation"?

I’m also a little interested as to why Culberson only has 6 ABs this year. I’d think they’d be willing to try to play Culberson at corner OF and DH Ozuna instead of Ozuna in corner OF and DH Adams on nights like last night.

Culberson has to be a better fielder than Ozuna. Ozuna should only DH unless there is an emergency.

Not to be a dick, especially since this whole season is wacky and could end at any moment, but is it irritating other people that Albies and Acuna are sitting out for extended periods of time to due a bad wrist bruise and wrist "inflammation"?

Irritated because you don't think they are actually injured or because you think it's an injury they should play through? Having healthy wrists is probably one of the most important things for swinging a bat, so I have no problem with either of them getting healthy on the IL.

Pache in left tonight. While he’s better than Ender at center, he’s played corner OF before and Ender hasn’t. If Pache is here to stay the OF will likely be Acuña-Pache-Markakis/Duvall with Ozuna DH once Acuña is back.

Ender played a ton of LF and RF for the DBacks. Almost a whole season’s worth.

Ender played a ton of LF and RF for the DBacks. Almost a whole season’s worth.

That's a good point. It's certainly been a while for Ender, but he has done it. Pache did it a lot last year in the minors though.

Irritated because you don't think they are actually injured or because you think it's an injury they should play through? Having healthy wrists is probably one of the most important things for swinging a bat, so I have no problem with either of them getting healthy on the IL.

The latter. Obviously don't want them to make things worse, so I guess it's for the best. But when you're down 3 starting pitchers and have 3 starting position players hitting under .200, you really need help.

The throw from LF that Pache made last night was amazing.

Even with the injuries this team just keeps pumping out entertainment.

Except for Ender. He could at least start crowding the plate and lean into a few pitches. He managed to look completely lost at the plate trying to bunt, which is hard to do.

Last night on Twitter I saw a bunch of “WTF ENDER” and was curious what happened. This morning I saw the replay. Yeesh.

Bowman says he expects the Braves to send Pache back down this week. Doesn’t make sense to me. Guess we get to watch Inciarte ground out to second base 100 more times.

Second time through the order brutal for Tomlin. Back to the bullpen for him.

The ball has already been thrown in by the CF to the cutoff

Ron Washington: “Dansby is fast, I’ll just send him anyways.”

It baffles me that Ender is still getting at bats and time in the field. When Hech pinch hits for you, you know you’re bad. Pache can put up the same at bat with better defense & better baserunning.

It’s gotta be much more about Pache than Ender. Pache probably could perform equally or better to Ender at the plate, but if they think he might struggle/isn’t ready they aren’t going to put a top prospect through that mentally, regardless of Ender’s struggles.

That might be different if this was going to be a season long problem, but with Nick and Acuña coming back it’s not. The outfield will be Duvall-Acuña-Markakis with Ozuna at DH and Ender won’t play outside of defensive replacements.

We can’t keep relying on 9th inning magic. More strikeouts with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs is why we lost and will continue to be why we lose.

The ball has already been thrown in by the CF to the cutoff

Ron Washington: “Dansby is fast, I’ll just send him anyways.”

Meh that took an absolutely perfect relay to get him. I think Dansby scores 9/10 times there.

With two outs, sending Dansby was the right call. In addition to the perfect relay, the Phils catcher did a nice job to hang on to the ball.

Back