• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I think you have to go all in with your best starter and put it on the line tomorrow. If you end up with a bullpen game in game 7 so be it. But if we lose tomorrow I have a hard time thinking we win 2 of the next 3. Momentum and shit.

Well Wilson started two games this year and went 3 and 5 innings. He got in 3 more games. The scores in those games were 14-1, 29-9, and 10-3.

Meh. Less about momentum and more about a lack of quality starting pitching. We can steal one of the next two games we are in great shape if not we still have a fighter's chance with fried and Anderson going game 6 and 7

Bullpen game tomorrow or do you think Wilson can be competitive? At least if you wear out the bullpen in game 4 instead of 5 you have more options to use with your good starters in games 6 and 7 if necessary.

I think you'd have to hope Kershaw is mediocre and we get one of those 7-6 wins like we've done all year.

Even if that doesn't happen, not impossible to go the Nationals route. Top 2 guys win, lose 3 straight, top 2 guys win 2 more. It was like 20-3 in those 3 losses for the Nats and we don't even have to win any true road games like they did.

Well Wilson started two games this year and went 3 and 5 innings. He got in 3 more games. The scores in those games were 14-1, 29-9, and 10-3.

Oh yeah for sure. I was saying no to bullpen game tomorrow. If that’s our best starter good to go then go. But tomorrow is a must win.

Oh yeah for sure. I was saying no to bullpen game tomorrow. If that’s our best starter good to go then go. But tomorrow is a must win.

There are 7 pitchers available tomorrow I trust more than Wilson. Ynoa would have made it 8. Nothing against Wilson’s potential, but that is how I feel right now. So why give him the first inning tomorrow? I hope he makes me eat crow.

Also if you do not want Markakis starting against a lefty, which is reasonable, just start Culberson. Do not sacrifice defense at two positions...to get Camargo’s bat into the game. It makes no sense.

Why Greene in a 15-1 game? Trying to get that 9th inning momentum!

I’m shocked at how little he has pitched this postseason. Was one of our better relievers in the regular season. But agreed, odd timing to bring him in.

Hindsight and all that, but imagine if we got that performance/result out of Ynoa tomorrow or Friday. Snit's pitching deployment for the last 10 innings has been less than ideal.

Hindsight and all that, but imagine if we got that performance/result out of Ynoa tomorrow or Friday. Snit's pitching deployment for the last 10 innings has been less than ideal.

That's putting it mildly. Mindboggling is more like it. What a waste of a lively arm that now can't probably pitch for a 2-3 days. And trotting Greene out there when you know you are likely going to need your best BP arms ready for today? Snit has been clueless to how to use his bullpen and seems to have not learned from his mentor Bobby Cox (aka let's bring in Charlie Leibrandt in 9th vs. Twins Kirby Puckett in WS!) who routinely make baffling switches.

Lol
0dfb1b980e41f76cb5ae73cea64e0b24.jpg

That's putting it mildly. Mindboggling is more like it. What a waste of a lively arm that now can't probably pitch for a 2-3 days. And trotting Greene out there when you know you are likely going to need your best BP arms ready for today? Snit has been clueless to how to use his bullpen and seems to have not learned from his mentor Bobby Cox (aka let's bring in Charlie Leibrandt in 9th vs. Twins Kirby Puckett in WS!) who routinely make baffling switches.

Just seeing the name Charlie Leibrandt still makes my blood boil.

Greene is still available today. I'm not bent about him getting used. Wilson has been slightly better than Ynoa this season but man it would have been nice to go right to him instead of Dayton.

Ynoa probably won’t throw again until game 7 I’d imagine. He threw 92 pitches. I’d be surprised if he pitches again this series unless limited to ~50 pitches in game 7 if needed.

Back