• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Some of you guys still bitching about Snit? Jeez, World Series ain't good enough for you, huh?

Some of you guys still bitching about Snit? Jeez, World Series ain't good enough for you, huh?

Seriously. Going aggressive and hitting for Ian so early ended up being the best move of the playoffs to this point.

Congrats to all you Brave fans.

I found myself rooting for the Braves this postseason. Twenty years in Georgia developed friendships to some good people who are die hard fans. Guess I'll stay with you for the Series.

Seriously. Going aggressive and hitting for Ian so early ended up being the best move of the playoffs to this point.

Some braves fans love to rip the manager no matter who it is. Snit is not perfect but better then he gets credit for.

Braves playing at home in the playoffs was a recipe for disappointment until the last 2 seasons. Awesome to see the Braves change that this season clinching the division and winning the NLDS + NLCS at home. .

I mean everything was great yesterday except I would have been very hesitant to put Jackson in after he imploded once losing us one game in the series and could have easily happened twice.

You got a chance to go to the World Series I'm heavily leaning on the guys that I have the most confidence in to get outs.

Last edited:
the umps' Dodger bias in the last series was really something
jrbpzs3owev71.png

I mean everything was great yesterday except I would have been very hesitant to put Jackson in after he imploded once losing us one game in the series and could have easily happened twice.

You got a chance to go to the World Series I'm heavily leaning on the guys that I have the most confidence in to get outs.

So Morton or Fried to start series? Guessing Morton since will have been a full 6 days rest for him and only 4 for Fried. Then Fried for game 2 followed by Ian for first game in Hotlanta and bullpen for Game 4?

I can't believe it has been 22 years since the Braves were in the WS. So happy for them. And so happy to see LA lose despite how hard MLB and the media tried.

Soler DH
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Rosario LF
Duvall CF
d’Arnaud C
Pederson RF
Swanson SS

Morton P

So Morton or Fried to start series? Guessing Morton since will have been a full 6 days rest for him and only 4 for Fried. Then Fried for game 2 followed by Ian for first game in Hotlanta and bullpen for Game 4?
Yes

Soler DH
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Rosario LF
Duvall CF
d’Arnaud C
Pederson RF
Swanson SS

Morton P

Interesting call for Soler to lead-off. In his career, Soler has played over 600 MLB games, and he has started a game as the lead-off hitter only 12 times.

Interesting call for Soler to lead-off. In his career, Soler has played over 600 MLB games, and he has started a game as the lead-off hitter only 12 times.

12 times this year, 15 times in his career. offensive was pretty productive when he was leading off.

Not as a starter. Soler has hit in the lead off spot 15 in his career, but 12 as a starter (3 times he was inserted into the lineup in the 1 spot as a reserve). Of those 12 career starts as a leadoff hitter, 11 were this year.

The point is Soler doesn't project as a typical lead-off guy. That said, past history doesn't matter if it works tonight.

Back