• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Pretty disrespectful for the defending World Champions.

We have tickets to the NLDS Game One, but probably can’t swing 1:07.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I'm actually interested in watching a baseball game and this is what I get. And Wednesday is at 4:35.

Kinda depends on how they think he’ll age. We only see short term deals from AA for older pitchers

Robertson out for Phils. Hurt his calf jumping in celebration for Harper's game 2 homer.

Lots of cheap (<$20) tix available right now and plenty of what I'd consider to be decent to good seats for <$50. If the 'Stros didn't have the 3:30 game, I'd head up to the ballpark.

Strider good. No Matzek. Odorizzi over Elder.

Those all make sense. I'm sure Matzek hates it but I'm glad we're not pushing him to chase what he did last year. Minter has been rock solid as a stopper. Big question is whether Strider can start or not. Wonder if they'd consider starting him to lead off what would ordinarily be more of a bullpen game and hope to get 4 innings out of him or something. Such a difference maker when it comes to our starting depth given Charlie's inconsistency.

I feel the run expectancy here with how the innings have played out for the Phils is less than 1, yet they have 4. Just brutal. Should be 2-1 at worst.

Left them loaded twice... Phillies are hot, this should be a great series. Bet it goes all 5.

This seems like a tough one to overcome going against Wheeler and Nola next in a 5 game series. At least we know it's a resilient bunch.

Baseball is the most unpredictable sport when it comes to post-season. It takes a 162 games (or close to it) resolve the randomness of the game. The Pirates beat the Dodgers in a series this year. Any team can beat any other team in a best of 3, 5 or 7.

Back