• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

2&2 called it. That’s the best way to sit Corral and keep Rhule’s guy Walker.

If we honestly get down to Walker isn’t our season done? As well as Ruhle? Though he’d probably love to buy another season with the injury excuse.

Playing Corral a few games this year would be Rhule’s saving Grace.
Should have drafted Howell in the third anyway

The staff has slightly bigger fish to fry than whoever the hell the QB3 is. Deciding on that should require less "thought" than went into this post. Go with the dude with upside you invested in

Ha. I'll accept your apology at any point.

As I said, this outcome was clearly the plan after they got Mayfield, and pretty obvious after watching the first game. You just got played by Matt Rhule, which is saying something. Now Rhule doesn't have to answer any Corral questions this entire season, which he had no intention of ever addressing when he has much bigger issues to deal with.

Any other roster predictions anyone wants to ask me?

Holy conspiracy. I think Rhule put a hit out on corral so he doesn’t have to answer questions and play his guy PJ in the preseason. I’m sticking to it.

It's not a conspiracy, it is one of Rhule's actually good coaching moves. They got Baker and need to him to feel comfortable in the job. If he gets off to a slow start, nobody is clamoring for Sam Darnold to replace him and damn sure nobody is clamoring for PJ Walker. But they would have, incorrectly, clamored for Corral who clearly is not ready and is not a realistic option at this point in time. So now there is absolutely no noise about the QB situation even if it takes Baker some time to get his legs under him. Both Baker and Rhule have achieved QB silence.

And no he didn't put a Buddy Ryan - Zendejas style hit out on him, they didn't cart him off on a stretcher. It's just hey Corral, sorry about the injury you are going to get in this game; but it'll be good for your career long term and enjoy cashing your checks and learning this season. This shit happens all the time.

Ha. I'll accept your apology at any point.

Why? My gripe was with you saying Walker is going to be the QB3, which I'm still willing to bet is not going to happen.

This allows them to stash Corral without needing to take up a roster spot with a third QB -- something very few NFL teams do these days, and something we shouldn't do either

If we honestly get down to Walker isn’t our season done? As well as Ruhle? Though he’d probably love to buy another season with the injury excuse.

If we get past Baker our season is done. Our season might be effectively done already with Baker and our oline.

Gettlman hated the thought of drafting players anywhere near their consensus rankings because he then loses the opportunity to look likes he’s smarter than everybody else.

Seems like a major problem was that he insisted on drafting by position of need in the early rounds instead of best available, even if he had to overdraft

i'm worried about ickey

He'll be fine. It is the NFL, all rookies except a very very select few struggle at first at certain things. Especially on the O-line, it takes even the great ones half a season to get comfortable. Hell, Jordan Gross had to start out on the right side.

Seems like a major problem was that he insisted on drafting by position of need in the early rounds instead of best available, even if he had to overdraft

The next DT taken after Butler was 3-time Pro Bowler and All-Pro Chris Jones.

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Ickey named starting LT

The next DT taken after Butler was 3-time Pro Bowler and All-Pro Chris Jones.

I don’t know where Chris Jones was projected to be drafted or if he was projected ahead of Vernon Butler, so that seems like a criticism of prospect evaluation more than draft strategy.

I don’t know where Chris Jones was projected to be drafted or if he was projected ahead of Vernon Butler, so that seems like a criticism of prospect evaluation more than draft strategy.

Refer to guitardeac’s post

Back