• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Deacs score a ton of points. Even if Mitch is pulled mid 3rd quarter with a big lead, I would assume Kern will get 2-4 possessions running the full offense with the 1s. They might not take their foot off the gas until pretty late in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Deacs score a ton of points. Even if Mitch is pulled mid 3rd quarter with a big lead, I would assume Kern will get 2-4 possessions running the full offense with the 1s. They might not take their foot off the gas until pretty late in the game.

feels like we very rarely score once we pull the starting QB. but, maybe with our real QB1 out we try to actually run some things with the other backups.

feels like we very rarely score once we pull the starting QB. but, maybe with our real QB1 out we try to actually run some things with the other backups.

Yeah, normally it's just a few handoffs and punt. I doubt that happens tonight.

Vividly remember watching ULM's front 7 absolutely dominating the WF o-line, and poor John Wolford running for his life in that opening game. That wasn't Clemson, FSU or even NC State dominating the line of scrimmage. That was University of Louisiana Monroe just trucking the WF offense. ULM is in the outer fringes of FBS football. The offensive progression over time has been incredible.

Probably already asked but is Nick Andersen injured?

Not on depth chart?

Yeah I know it's against VMI, but I'm feeling pretty pumped up for tonight!

Yeah I know it's against VMI, but I'm feeling pretty pumped up for tonight!

I could care less about the opponent, at least tonight. I'm just pumped to see the Deacons back in action on the field. It's been too long since the Gator Bowl.

Clawson may stay on the gas longer than usual tonight. He has two untested QB's that need game experience playing with the OL. He wants to see whether several players are actually playable under the lights. The only way to determine that is giving them reps in game situations. VMI presents that opportunity.

Our depth is also so much stronger than it used to be in most position groups. In years past, our 2s and 3s wouldn't be much of an upgrade from VMI's 1s. I don't believe that's at all the case anymore.

Also, think WF is so deep and scary at receiver that even the 2 and 3s will be wide open against VMI. This VMI team lost by 50 to Kent State last year. Over VMI's last 10 games against FBS teams they have stayed with 31 only twice (both MAC teams). WF is a ranked Power V team. Believe that WF is the first time that VMI has played a ranked FBS team in decades. Think the linemaker over-respected the Hartman absence factor. Sam is a stud, but Griffis (3rd year) and Kern (4th year) have been in the system a long time, and face more talented defensive players every practice. Will be surprised if WF doesn't roll up a lot points. I'm on WF -31.5.

Our depth is also so much stronger than it used to be in most position groups. In years past, our 2s and 3s wouldn't be much of an upgrade from VMI's 1s. I don't believe that's at all the case anymore.

Yeah I mean we have some guys that are just going to be hard to keep out of the end zone regardless of the playbook. Really looking forward to seeing Grimes and Claiborne in action.

Last seasons LB coach, Greg Jones, was kept on the staff for this season as an analyst, after being removed from his role as a position coach. However it seems last month he left Wake for ODU to be their new assistant offensive line coach.

Last seasons LB coach, Greg Jones, was kept on the staff for this season as an analyst, after being removed from his role as a position coach. However it seems last month he left Wake for ODU to be their new assistant offensive line coach.

Reported on TOS a month ago

Have some Deacon Hill questions for a first timer since there’s not a lot of info out there, including on the official site.

What can/can’t you bring?
The tickets on Stubhub have rows on them, but is it truly GA?

Hill is all GA, can bring blankets, cushions, no metal in sideline or camp seats, no outside food or drink. Earplugs for speakers

Have some Deacon Hill questions for a first timer since there’s not a lot of info out there, including on the official site.

What can/can’t you bring?
The tickets on Stubhub have rows on them, but is it truly GA?

Yes it’s truly GA. Bring an outdoor blanket to sit on.

Back