• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 MLB Season Thread

Judge hit #55 today. Breaks Arod's NYY record for a right-handed batter. 7 away from the AL record. Judge is not going to get there, but believe that Bonds had the same number of home runs at this point the year that he set the MLB HR record.

Judge hit #55 today. Breaks Arod's NYY record for a right-handed batter. 7 away from the AL record. Judge is not going to get there, but believe that Bonds had the same number of home runs at this point the year that he set the MLB HR record.

Fourth straight game for Judge with a HR.

Testing the twitter imbedding

Sweet - that's nice and easy

MLB adopting a pitch clock, ban on shifts and larger bases for 2023. These changes were in place for the 2022 minor league season, and average game duration went from over 3 hours to 2:36.

Love the pitch clock. Hate banning the shift.

MLB adopting a pitch clock, ban on shifts and larger bases for 2023. These changes were in place for the 2022 minor league season, and average game duration went from over 3 hours to 2:36.

Love this. Shorter games (same amount, if not more action - just eliminating dead time), more balls in play, more risk/reward on the basepath.

Believe that batters can only ask for time and step out of the box one time per at bat, and pitchers can only throw over to first twice per batter.

Having been to a handful of minor league games, I'm loving the pitch clock - definitely makes the game go by a lot faster. I went to one AAA game where the full nine was 2:25. A Single A game I went to went through five innings in 1:10 (ended up taking an hour to play the 6th/7th...was a doubleheader so only 7 innings, but there was a good bit of offense and pitching changes that slowed the game down quite a bit).

Believe that batters can only ask for time and step out of the box one time per at bat, and pitchers can only throw over to first twice per batter.
I don’t get this last one. What happens after you throw over twice? The runner can stand halfway between 1st and 2nd and you can’t do anything about it?

Any word on the free runner on 2nd in extras? Would love to see that go away.

I don’t get this last one. What happens after you throw over twice? The runner can stand halfway between 1st and 2nd and you can’t do anything about it?
You can throw over after the second time, but the catch is you gotta record an out on the pickoff attempt. If you don't get an out, then its called a balk and the runner(s) is/are awarded the base(s) as such.

You can throw over after the second time, but the catch is you gotta record an out on the pickoff attempt. If you don't get an out, then its called a balk and the runner(s) is/are awarded the base(s) as such.
That’s insanity.

Interesting. That seems weird, but it would add strategy for the runner and the pitcher. The runner has to be further off the bag to bait a throw. The pitcher has to be more selective about throwing it. I guess the downside could be more steal attempts but would that be a bad thing?

Any word on the free runner on 2nd in extras? Would love to see that go away.
I read somewhere that the players like it. I'm guessing that they just don't like playing multiple extra innings. However, I'm with you.

Back