• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

Warnock is going to end up with at least 90% of the vote he got a month ago. That's very impressive re-turnout.

Dude lives in Georgia where Herschel has been campaigning nonstop for a year and he doesn’t know who he is just shows he’s a fucking moron. I guess he doesn’t know who Warnock is either.

Dude lives in Georgia where Herschel has been campaigning nonstop for a year and he doesn’t know who he is just shows he’s a fucking moron. I guess he doesn’t know who Warnock is either.
"Almost no idea"

Dude knows him as a 2022 senate candidate, but that's it. Warnock has been the GA Senator for 2 years. A lot of new people to the state don't know Herschel Walker as a great college football player from the early 80s. He didn't have a remarkable NFL career. I completely understand why anyone younger than 50 who isn't a sports fan would have no idea why he's famous. It's funny. Republicans chose a Black guy who would be the most relevant to old white long-time Georgians, the people most likely voting for the Republican anyway.

Walker’s concession speech was surprisingly coherent and even eloquent in a plain spoken way. He sounded relieved. Thankfully he was never that coherent during the actual campaign or he could have won.

Yeah Herschel has been covered nonstop for months by Atlanta and national media and he has no idea who he is, obviously is a disengaged voter who goes on a Twitter to brag about how ignorant he is.

Warnock is going to end up with at least 90% of the vote he got a month ago. That's very impressive re-turnout.
At this point, it's 93% of the general total.

Will Hershel Walker getting 1.7 million votes yesterday finally kill the myth that the GOP are the pro-life, family values party or nah.

Will Hershel Walker getting 1.7 million votes yesterday finally kill the myth that the GOP are the pro-life, family values party or nah.

Only power matters. That's how it's always been.

The fact that this is close is…sad. And should be deeply embarrassing to Georgians.
agreed, but i did read that this is the biggest margin of victory for a Democrat in a statewide race in 40 years. The Republicans would have likely won had they simply run an inflatable doll or a sack of potatoes.

so does Manchin have any influence as a Dem pivotal vote anymore, if not does he go ahead and switch parties with his seat up in 24? Or does he wait until later on? what's his play?

so does Manchin have any influence as a Dem pivotal vote anymore, if not does he go ahead and switch parties with his seat up in 24? Or does he wait until later on? what's his play?
Manchin and Sinema can stick together to tank what they don't like.

Manchin and Sinema can stick together to tank what they don't like.
Sinema has a real threat to be primaried. Manchin's goose is probably cooked as a D up for reelection in WV in 24, but I guess does he relish more longterm power as a R or the seat at the table he currently has?

Back