• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

Nobody really believes that citing "exams" is a real reason that a school may not want to play in a particular bowl game either do they?

No, but cramming in final exams and football practice so you can go to Boston and freeze your ass off and practice outside for two days is a pretty shitty December so that ESPN will have programming on Saturday morning.

Well nobody's saying it isn't shitty, but that's on the ACC not to have a tie in to a bowl that gets played December 17th at 11 AM. If individual schools are just allowed to "nope" out because of exams, shove them to the back of the line for consideration (or just don't have this dumb game time).

Just give Cuse what they want: Tampa bowl game but schedule them against UConn - a team they already played this year and beat 48-14.

Well nobody's saying it isn't shitty, but that's on the ACC not to have a tie in to a bowl that gets played December 17th at 11 AM. If individual schools are just allowed to "nope" out because of exams, shove them to the back of the line for consideration (or just don't have this dumb game time).

Just give Cuse what they want: Tampa bowl game but schedule them against UConn - a team they already played this year and beat 48-14.

The date of the game changed significantly from last year to this year. Last year the game was scheduled for December 29th (same brutal 11AM start). I don't know the details of why it is 12 days earlier this year but I hate it.

so we're going here because Syracuse lobbied the ACC to not go?
Well we don't know if the ACC is going to heed Syracuse's request, but the wording seemed to strike me that Syracuse would just turn down the bowl if offered so the ACC wants to make sure that we still get our conference share of the bowl tie in.

And didn’t someone say we’ve been lobbying for the Fenway Bowl ?

Syracuse put out the story about them not wanting to play in Fenway to try and force the ACC to send them somewhere else. Who knows what lobbying we have been doing behind the scenes?

I remember in 2016, we wanted to go to the Military Bowl and that is where we ended up going.

At 7-5 with four losses in our last five games we'd better go wherever we're told to go and not complain.
How about a team who is 7-5 and finished their season with five losses in their last six?

And yes my understanding is Wake is fine with the Fenway Bowl

Carbon footprint wise it seems pretty silly to fly two North Carolina football teams to Boston to play a game.

Last edited:
Carbon footprint wise it seems pretty silly to fly to North Carolina football teams to Boston to play a game.
Burlington Bowl has a nice ring to it. Could even put up a green fence.

The date of the game changed significantly from last year to this year. Last year the game was scheduled for December 29th (same brutal 11AM start). I don't know the details of why it is 12 days earlier this year but I hate it.

The Saturday between Christmas and NYE is usually the big bowl day. Christmas is on Sunday so there’s not a Saturday between Christmas and NYE this year. So a lot of bowls are on Dec 17.

Syracuse is not a team player. Never have been.

We should have just stayed a 9 team league and focused on basketball. We are a basketball league and its a farce that we thought we could compete in football. We make more money. So what? What good does money do if we can't win?

Wake Forest and the ACC should just focus on hoops. Let FSU and Clemson depart if they want. Add Kansas and Arizona. Be a basketball league. Play football for fun just like the old days.

We should have just stayed a 9 team league and focused on basketball. We are a basketball league and its a farce that we thought we could compete in football. We make more money. So what? What good does money do if we can't win?

Wake Forest and the ACC should just focus on hoops. Let FSU and Clemson depart if they want. Add Kansas and Arizona. Be a basketball league. Play football for fun just like the old days.
We have to focus on making more money when our biggest donors apparently only contribute 5k a year.

We should have just stayed a 9 team league and focused on basketball.

Agree with this part. Although, we should have stayed at 7 teams instead of letting that yellowjacket shit stain into the league, or figured out a way to bring USC back.

ECU and WF have two of the worst secondarys in the country. Maybe the two worst. Total should be in the 80s.

ECU and WF have two of the worst secondarys in the country. Maybe the two worst. Total should be in the 80s.

I have a good friend who is an ECU grad. He pulls for Wake since he lives in Winston. We have a friendly bet of O/U assuming we play one another. I have over 74, he has the under. Oh, and the only way I got over was I got to pick first on a coin toss!!! He claims their defense is even more putrid than ours but I think he's just trying to be nice.

Back