• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

Get real guy. I don’t work for a dead guy law firm like so many here. I’m a real lawyer. My firm is me.

Did Wake do a bowl interest survey or Bowl Ticket Request where you can order tix for certain bowls assuming we're selected? I feel like the ticket office has been in shambles this past year, I lost my season ticket rep and never get any communication other than results of games generic emails that probably go to everyone (not just season ticketholders).
at least you got that. i had to call and inquire why i never got the gameday emails. said there was an issue and several people were removed from distribution list. lol
did a lot of sales rep leave or something, i know mine did.

at least you got that. i had to call and inquire why i never got the gameday emails. said there was an issue and several people were removed from distribution list. lol
did a lot of sales rep leave or something, i know mine did.
I don’t get them either. Oh well.

Ehh most single-lawyer firms are pretty shady so that makes sense. Be safe ambulance chasing today!
I notice how I answered your question but you didn’t answer mine. Weak.

You’ll know when you need us. Dead guy law firms call for help when the letter writing grows old.

I'm rooting for Military bowl since it's the week after xmas when I'm kid free and not on vacation!

I notice how I answered your question but you didn’t answer mine. Weak.

You’ll know when you need us. Dead guy law firms call for help when the letter writing grows old.
My wife is an attorney. I’m good. We give plenty, but I’m a professor and only care about it going to scholarships. We don’t need a new bball arena so I am not giving to that.

My wife is an attorney. I’m good. We give plenty, but I’m a professor and only care about it going to scholarships. We don’t need a new bball arena so I am not giving to that.
Probably works for Womble. Makes 200k/year. Has dog. Attacks those actually trying to improve Wake Forest athletics. Settles for 50 years of basketball disaster. Very on brand for a Wake alum.

Probably works for Womble. Makes 200k/year. Has dog. Attacks those actually trying to improve Wake Forest athletics. Settles for 50 years of basketball disaster. Very on brand for a Wake alum.
🤷‍♂️

for a guy who claims to be such a savvy businessman it is pretty hard for DR to grasp that dropping $buckets to build a new basketball arena is a terrible investment in 2022. It's a bad product and a dying sport. Invest your money where your dollars can actually make a difference.

Here is a rundown of projections after last weekend:

247 Sports - Sun Bowl vs Oregon State (updated 11/28)
College Football News - Military Bowl vs East Carolina (updated 11/28)
CBS Sports - Gasparilla Bowl vs Buffalo (updated 11/27)
Athlon Sports - Gasparilla Bowl vs Houston (updated 11/27)
Yahoo! Sports - Military Bowl vs East Carolina (updated 11/28)
Sports Illustrated - Fenway Bowl vs Houston (updated 11/28)
The Sporting News - Military Bowl vs Memphis (updated 11/27)
ESPN (I can't see theirs because it is ESPN+ only)

Adding my thoughts - seems like Military Bowl vs ECU is most likely / most frequent projection. Gasparilla Bowl hadn't been one on my radar previously. Only one Sun Bowl projection and I honestly think we've played our way OUT of the Sun Bowl and Holiday Bowl. Oregon State would probably smash us to smithereens as they've been playing well lately but they're the most attractive opponent on this board IMO. I've already been vocal about hoping we get the Fenway Bowl.

Well at least vs. ECU would give us another opportunity to get a win against an in-state foe this year. We've pretty much owned the state of VA the last few years.

for a guy who claims to be such a savvy businessman it is pretty hard for DR to grasp that dropping $buckets to build a new basketball arena is a terrible investment in 2022. It's a bad product and a dying sport. Invest your money where your dollars can actually make a difference.
No doubt it’s a bad deal financially. I want to do what needs to be done to win mens basketball games. Wake Forest alums, with few exceptions like Mit, just do not.

I don't think this can be overstated. I took my 14 year-old niece to the last game and told her back "in the day" (15 years ago but to her that's ancient history), the Joel would be rocking for most games and certainly the lower bowl full even for crappy opponents. She now thinks I'm a complete liar. It's sad to see just how little support we now get.

Back