• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

If we don't get Efton's waiver, I'm afraid this version of Omoruyi for Rutgers shows up against us. Guy is blocking absolutely everything.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Gonzaga was lighting it up in the first half against Washington. Then went completely cold and only scored 8 points in the final 11 minutes to lose by 5. Great coach. Good team. It happens on the road.

(Coincidental that our Zags transfers were cold tonight as well with Sallis and Reid struggling)

Last edited:
I've really liked Leonard Hamilton, and he's had a great career. But this is the 3rd year in a row that FSU has sucked. Leonard, you're 75, and it's time.

Zona crushed a really solid Wisconsin team. Someone needs to beat UConn in the tourney before the final 4, or I won't watch again. So I hope UConn is the 2 seed in Zona's region.

After turning it over too much in the 1st 10:00, Clemson settled down and handled yet another strong Jamie Dixon team. They could win the ACC, and Hall could be ACC POY. I don't think Clemson has ever won the ACC regular season or had a POY. So I'm gonna root for both.

Call me crazy, but I’m gonna root for wake to win the ACC.
Don't get me wrong. I'll root for Wake and the VA schools over Clemson. But let's face it - none of those 3 are going to win the conference. Wake and VT are bubble teams, and UVA now looks like a 5-8 seed, but their front court won't hang with UNC's or Clemson's. Whereas Clemson has the front court and shooting to win the conference. So between UNC, Duke, Clemson and maybe Miami, gimme Clemson.

BTW, I looked it up. Grant won POY in 1987, and Clemson won the regular season in 1990.

I don't think it's far fetched that we could win the ACC. It basically requires two things to happen though:
1. Damari comes back and plays like he did last year (or reasonably close)
2. Our team continues to improve as they learn each other's strengths and weaknesses

Since abandoning the silliness of playing in an oversized civic venue in 2000, Xavier has been to 7 Sweet 16s.

Last night I also noticed that they were also trying to stay ahead of their competitors like Wake by promoting their basketball only NIL fund on their Jumbotron repeatedly. It had a big pic of the bar code on the screen for you to snap and donate on the spot.

This was not a purchased ad. Just a school doing all they can to stay relevant in men’s basketball. No infighting. The only hatred was towards the Bearcats.

Let’s all remember several games this week ACC v the world when folks wanna double and triple down in February about “the acc is getting screwed because metrics are biased against us” because there were some legit results suggesting. No it’s just where these conferences are

Since abandoning the silliness of playing in an oversized civic venue in 2000, Xavier has been to 7 Sweet 16s.

Last night I also noticed that they were also trying to stay ahead of their competitors like Wake by promoting their basketball only NIL fund on their Jumbotron repeatedly. It had a big pic of the bar code on the screen for you to snap and donate on the spot.

This was not a purchased ad. Just a school doing all they can to stay relevant in men’s basketball. No infighting. The only hatred was towards the Bearcats.

We do the exact same thing at every single game you dumbass.

Back