• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Couple of decent games today... Both in Vegas

USC vs. KSU (10pm on TNT)
Georgia vs. Oregon (4:30pm on truTV)

I'll be watching UGA for at least a little while just to get a sense of the team before we go to play them later in the week.

Rough night other than those two and our Deacs.

It will be interesting to see if Louisville falls to UMBC. Other than that I don't think many ACC teams will have problems. That being said - there's like a 25% chance based on pre-game odds that all ACC teams win.

Could see Georgia Southern jumping up to surprise Tech.

Radford is the 2nd best team playing against an ACC team tonight, but they play UNC. Winthrop plays Clemson (who I think is underrated).

Seeing lots of love for Clemson as a sleeper kind of a pick in the ACC... I get it, but I just don't see how they replace Hunter Tyson. Dude had an amazing season last year.

There's also a lot of the annual talk about Brownell being on the hot seat if they don't make the NCAAs.

It's funny how they can be both a sleeper AND a team that needs to make a coaching change if they don't succeed.

Seeing lots of love for Clemson as a sleeper kind of a pick in the ACC... I get it, but I just don't see how they replace Hunter Tyson. Dude had an amazing season last year.

There's also a lot of the annual talk about Brownell being on the hot seat if they don't make the NCAAs.

It's funny how they can be both a sleeper AND a team that needs to make a coaching change if they don't succeed.
I for one was/am someone high on Clemson this year. Lucky enough to be an ACC voter this year and I took them third preseason.

I think Tyson is going to be replaced fairly well by Ian Schieffelin. PJ Hall is a legit player too, as long as he can stay healthy. I'm also excited to see how Joe Girard transitions into their offense; he was one of the most prolific scorers in the ACC with Syracuse.

That Fraggle Rock kid Schieffelin annoyed the hell out of me last year.

Schieffelin will help, but he's a different kind of player than Tyson.

My man crush on Girard is well-documented, and I agree that he'll help... But he also sucks out loud on defense and can't hide at the top of the 2-3 anymore.

And yeah, PJ Hall is a legit ACC POY candidate.

Oh shit... Just realized Hemenway is back for his grad season. Yeah, they're gonna be nasty.

It seems like Girard would suck on defense, but how would anyone know since Boeheim only played zone defense. Brownell's teams always played hard on defense. Think that Brownell will get the most out of Girard on the defense that he can, which may not be much. Clemson is loaded with shooters. In addition to Girard, Alex Hemenway is back (for his 12 the year) and healthy, Chase Hunter can shoot the three, PJ Hall can shoot the three (40% last year) and Clemson landed Jake Heidbreder from Air Force who shot 40% from three last year. If Hall can stay healthy (which is a huge "IF" because he has had multiple injuries), Clemson is a legit. Their roster is dangerous.

What i wouldnt give to see him swat bacots shit out of the building and then stare him down
You must not have watched a lot of Duncan. He would have blocked the shot, caught it, made the outlet pass, ignored Bacot and run back down the court to score on a boring put-back layup after the inevitable missed shot.

You must not have watched a lot of Duncan. He would have blocked the shot, caught it, made the outlet pass, ignored Bacot and run back down the court to score on a boring put-back layup after the inevitable missed shot.
I did. And you described it perfectly. Thats why i would pay to see Tim step out of character

I just took a glance at the AP preseason poll. Larranaga is great and I was high on Miami entering the tourney last season, but Miami at 13 seems like an overreaction to those tournament wins. I would be happy to be wrong.

Alabama and Baylor are lower than I would expect. New Mexico with only 1 vote. They have some talent.

I just took a glance at the AP preseason poll. Larranaga is great and I was high on Miami entering the tourney last season, but Miami at 13 seems like an overreaction to those tournament wins. I would be happy to be wrong.

Alabama and Baylor are lower than I would expect. New Mexico with only 1 vote. They have some talent.
Miami is over-ranked because of their NCAAT success over the past two years.

We have our first final of the 2023-23 NCAA BB season:

The IUPUI Jaguars took down the Spalding Pelicans 70-63.

Back