• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Not sure of your math. It says the program can distribute how they please, but hypothetically if your program only gave it to the 13 scholarship players, then it would be more like $77k (losers) & $155k for winners. I’m sure it would get divided up by more than 13, but a nice payday for a college kid in one lump sum nonetheless.
$1,000,000 divided by 13 players x 8 teams (104 players) = $9,615.
$1,000,000 divided by 13 players on the winning team = $76,923.

I read this to mean it starts with a million each to divide up:

“What's more, is that every team included in the tournament will be guaranteed at least $1 million in NIL dollars for participating, per On3. Programs will distribute the cash at their own will, but it must be given to the current team.”

I read this to mean there’s $2 million total. $1M for every team and $1M for the winners.

“Another new innovation will be introduced to college sports in the NIL era, this time in the form of a new in-season men's college basketball tournament that will offer up to $2 million in NIL deals to the participating teams, according to a report by Front Office Sports on Friday.”

If the passage you quoted was about each team, it wouldn’t have said “every team.”

Delicious loss by High Point on their home floor to Longwood in the conference semis. Great game and warms the heart as a hater

I know the NIT starts by picking the 2 best teams remaining from the Power 6 conferences solely based off Net rankings. They all are guaranteed a home game. Wake is in great shape based on that. Not sure if the remaining teams are all dictated by NET or not.

Tough loss for HPU. They let Longwood hang around for way too long. Had them down 15 and Longwood kept making a little run.

I know the NIT starts by picking the 2 best teams remaining from the Power 6 conferences solely based off Net rankings. They all are guaranteed a home game. Wake is in great shape based on that. Not sure if the remaining teams are all dictated by NET or not.
Wake is in great shape to be the top overall seed in the NIT barring us rattling off three or four wins in a row now

I’m seeing projections with both Indiana St and Drake in the tourney regardless of which wins the Missouri Valley title game. I just looked at both of their schedules and it leaves me even more peeved about the disrespect for the ACC

Back