• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I knew as soon as Tennessee lost that Kentucky would lose as well. Every time that Kentucky’s bracket “opens up” they lose, vs them doing very well against difficult tournament paths.

Ish Legget 0 pts (0-3 shooting)
Blake Hinson 0 pts (0-7 shooting)

Illinois ends tOSU’s weird Cinderella run after they fired Holtmann and were left for dead. 77-74. Shot 32 FTs vs 13 for tOSU. You wouldn’t think a (alleged) rapist like Shannon would be such a B1G darling.

Will be interesting to see if Buckeyes give Diebler the job or go after big names. With all the money up there, I assume the latter.

Where the heck is the ACC tournament? They put on Baylor versus Iowa State.

Illinois ends tOSU’s weird Cinderella run after they fired Holtmann and were left for dead. 77-74. Shot 32 FTs vs 13 for tOSU. You wouldn’t think a (alleged) rapist like Shannon would be such a B1G darling.
Bad reffing is definitely not limited to the ACC. I despise Oh st., but they got hosed.

I assume it was discussed somewhere but I missed it in real time...

Someone tell me the deal with the hanging on the rim T in the State/Duke game... I literally thought that wasn't a technical anymore because for the last couple of years I have seen a million guys hang on rims, swing on rims, even do basic chin ups on rims, and a T is never called. It has happened in games against us, and in games I didn't care about. So why was it called against State? Was it just to give Duke a chance to win - or is there really a rule against it but it is just rarely called? Or was it because he tried to grab the ball while he was pulling the rim down - or what?

I assume it was discussed somewhere but I missed it in real time...

Someone tell me the deal with the hanging on the rim T in the State/Duke game... I literally thought that wasn't a technical anymore because for the last couple of years I have seen a million guys hang on rims, swing on rims, even do basic chin ups on rims, and a T is never called. It has happened in games against us, and in games I didn't care about. So why was it called against State? Was it just to give Duke a chance to win - or is there really a rule against it but it is just rarely called? Or was it because he tried to grab the ball while he was pulling the rim down - or what?

Definitely looser these days but mostly in an attempt to protect players. The way I saw it, Middlebrooks hung on the rim long enough to realize the ball rattled out, then hung on with left hand while reaching to grab the ball with his right. Definite no-no. I just don’t like that in an obvious case like that, after the FT State actually got the ball back due to possession arrow? I mean if you want to deter it, make the penalty more severe. One FT and ball to your opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginia hoops… a thing of beauty.
Send them to Dayton so nobody has to watch them on Thursday/Friday.

I mean I’m no UNC fan - but UVa is fucking fraudulent barely beating the 11 and 10 seeds. It pains me to say but i hope the Heels bury them by a 100.

Back