• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Definitely a cardiac pack moment. The only thing missing wasTerry Holland’s tears. So reminiscent of the ‘80s ACC.

Keatts and his team aren't very likable but there's no way in hell I would pull for the Holes over them

As big of bitches as state has been this year, no way I’m not pulling for them against the holes
Nope. Horne and Middlebrooks are awful. Burns doesn’t even play the same sport and is granted different rules.

I like RJ Davis and like Hubert far more than Keatts.

NIT may be littered with ACC teams. Figure Wake, Pitt, NC St, Va Tech, Cuse, & FSU are all possible. Honestly send UVa there too.

I hope UNC wins by 37 tomorrow. Can’t believe I’m posting that.
Yes please! Somebody please put these punks in their place. All burns lard ass does is bull that 300 pounds into people and then bitch about no foul calls. He should foul out in the first 5 mins of every game

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Wolfpack (and other similar institutions through the years) just have a belief in themselves year after year such that improbable things like this occasionally happen. Whereas when the slightest tension builds for most Wake teams, we tend to fall apart.

That being said, Carolina is going to run them out of the building.

I would absolutely rather UNC make a laughingstock out of State than the other way around. It’s better for us that way. I don’t want to be the only Tobacco Road team not in the tournament after the year we’ve had, especially with the year NC State has had.

Prior to last year (9 v 8), when was the last time Wake beat a higher seed in any tournament (NCAA or ACC) game?

I can't stand NC State yet UVA not getting punished for missing a billion free throws this season bugs the shit out of me.
Can’t imagine an elite program like this being so bad at FT’s!
The question must be asked—do they ever practice them?

Prior to last year (9 v 8), when was the last time Wake beat a higher seed in any tournament (NCAA or ACC) game?
2010 NCAA 1st round we were the 9 seed and beat 8th seeded Texas. Before that it was 93 2nd round when we were the 5th seed and beat the 4th seeded Iowa. Woof

The refs have swallowed their whistles and let both teams beat and bang. I can see a "point of emphasis" coming in the 24-25 NCAA season to address the big men bodying in the lane
Yep and it started several years ago. Hate to say but Bilas has been saying this physicality is taking away from a great game for several years now. Kind of like the holding call in football—who knows what they are told to call & not call?

I'm imagining State winning the ACCT, and the committee members digging out a worn, dusty Wolfpack nameplate from some box of junk they have sitting around, and sliding it into the master bracket I assume they have on a huge wall. Meanwhile Bubba is just sitting there absolutely seething in his chair. (Even more painfully and poignantly he'd be reconciling the reality that the loss cost UNC a chance at a #1 seed.)

Back