• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Unless my math is off, State did just win the same number of ACC tournament games in 5 days as Wake has in 17 years.
Yeah and all we had to do probably was beat Notre Dame and beat a team we’d just beaten a couple weeks by 30+ to make the NCAA tourney, we couldn’t do it. State had to pull off the miracle and did it.

Burns with the MVP, deserved it just for playing 5 games in 5 days and not having a coronary.

Compared NCSU winning to that scene in Toy Story when The Claw grabs Buzz Lightyear and Woody is like “nooooo!!!” and trying to hold him back and all the 3-eyed aliens are like “he is chosen!” but Woody doesn’t want Buzz to ascend such that Woody is all alone at the bottom of the machine with the weird aliens. As a Wake fan, that is how this feels kind of.

Changing gears, the Long Beach thing is wild. Is the AD actively rooting against the team? Because he’s going to look like a huge asshole is they pull this off and make the tournament.

My talke has always been that State probably is our biggest rival, but in general they are like us. Most fans i know are pretty self deprecating and cool to hang with. UNC people are dumb ass sheep and Dook folks are insufferable douchebags.

Year 17 for the coach there too. Only one tournament team, 2012 - but that team was AWESOME for the Big West - 36th in KP is the highest on record in that conference. That’s a long time ago now though….

Back