• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

App. St. beat Auburn and has two wins against JMU. Classic trap game for Wake.
Trap game?? This is our first game of a new tournament. They are good and we better bring our A-game or suffer our first loss ever to them in bball

But but but they beat a 19-14 Michigan State in the 1st game of the season!
Funny til you realize that by any metric pre or postseason that was a bigger true road win than our squad had all year — and perhaps in a decade plus — despite far more chances…

I do agree with Dalen Cupp. Why in the hell does the transfer portal open tomorrow, and not after the season. Just seems dumb.
Schools that use the Quarters System start up with new classes immediately upon returning from spring break, so kids transferring from those schools need to make a decision sooner rather than later.

#1 seed Wake Forest plays Appalachin State in the first round of the NIT. That game should be fun and the atmosphere should be raucous. If the students and Wake fans show up the ASU fans could fill up the Joel.

FWIW, the loss to Duke in Durham was the must win game of the season. It was the last opportunity to prove the Deacs could beat a top tier team on the road and mitigate the poor performances away from the Joel. Plenty of shoulda/woulda to the season but the improvement in the metrics after beating Duke at home was substantial. A win in Durham says Wake can beat anybody, anywhere.

Until Wake upsets a big dog on the road, it will not be considered a quality team. Too many losing seasons. too recently. That's what it took Tacy, Odum and Prosser to gain legitimacy. To be the man, you have to beat the man at their house.

I hope there is a run of schools doing that to get HPU in. lol.
High Point #1 seed in the CBI with a bye and the possibility of getting Cleveland St(eamered) in Rd 2. Your HPU and Wake worlds could collide in ways you never thought possible

So i haven't thought through this a ton, just kind of workshopping. Wouldn't it make sense to have some sort of normalization factor in the Quad system/Net rankings for conference games. Since you can't choose those opponents and conference games in all sports and conferences are believed to be tougher than on paper. Should Quad rankings expand for in conference games? Just random thought for today

UVA losing as a #1 seed in the first round was only a few years ago. Wouldn't be too shocked if it happens again this year. Both the Holes and Purdue have lost a few off games this year where one or two players didn't quite show up and it effected the whole team.

UVA losing as a #1 seed in the first round was only a few years ago. Wouldn't be too shocked if it happens again this year. Both the Holes and Purdue have lost a few off games this year where one or two players didn't quite show up and it effected the whole team.
Purdue and Farleigh Dickinson last year.

So i haven't thought through this a ton, just kind of workshopping. Wouldn't it make sense to have some sort of normalization factor in the Quad system/Net rankings for conference games. Since you can't choose those opponents and conference games in all sports and conferences are believed to be tougher than on paper. Should Quad rankings expand for in conference games? Just random thought for today
I like where you're going. Even though it's not a round Robin there should also be some weight given to conference record/ standing at the end. Like Clemson should not be a lock and so high up in the NET when they finished 2 spots below Pitt, 1 spot below us with a H2H loss.

Back