• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

This might be the worst NCAA Tournament game (if you can call play in games NCAA Tournament games) that I've ever seen.

And this team will have to play without Beekman next year?

I am all for leaning resume over predictives for selection, but perhaps with limits. Virginia's 67 kenpom (and falling) is behind Wake, Pitt, and Virginia Tech. Also NC State. Objectively not a good team. This was a team that got blasted time and again away from home. Thanks for the unwatchable game committee.

Virginia had a successful audition for a BIG bid this evening!

At least Wake’s embarrassing tournament losses usually occur after we’ve won a game

(That is, when we used to make it)

Virginia had a successful audition for a BIG bid this evening!

Geez uva. Yep. Go ahead and file your damn lawsuit.

Can't hit a FT to eliminate state in the ACCT and can't hit any shot at all in the NCAAT First Four.

Of all the winnable games on the WF schedule, the loss to that shitty UVA team at their place is the #1 disappointment and missed opportunity for me.

They miss their first 10 free throws and we still can't win the game. They tried to give it to us.....

WF wins that game, they are the #3 seed in the ACC tournament with a BC-NCSU path (there's that word) to the ACCT finals.

It's sad when there's a strong argument that the MWC is a better hoops conference than the ACC. What hell is wrong with our league?

But top 5 in the ACC used to be an automatic tournament bid !

Of all the winnable games on the WF schedule, the loss to that shitty UVA team at their place is the #1 disappointment and missed opportunity for me.

They miss their first 10 free throws and we still can't win the game. They tried to give it to us.....

WF wins that game, they are the #3 seed in the ACC tournament with a BC-NCSU path (there's that word) to the ACCT finals.
I agree that we should have won that game. But with the inconsistencies that defined this team, it doesn't necessarily mean a better outcome unfortunately. Perhaps with that win we would have had less urgency vs Duke. And your last line makes it seem like we would have had an easier 'path.' It kills me to say it but that path in reality would have been 'We'd only have to go through the ACCT champions to get the ACCT finals.'

I agree that we should have won that game. But with the inconsistencies that defined this team, it doesn't necessarily mean a better outcome unfortunately. Perhaps with that win we would have had less urgency vs Duke. And your last line makes it seem like we would have had an easier 'path.' It kills me to say it but that path in reality would have been 'We'd only have to go through the ACCT champions to get the ACCT finals.'
At the very least, beating UVA would have saved America from that abomination of a game last night

UVA should have beaten NCSU, and would have if Bennett had used his brain in the last 5 seconds.

At the very least, beating UVA would have saved America from that abomination of a game last night

UVA should have beaten NCSU, and would have if Bennett had used his brain in the last 5 seconds.
So true. Today's ESPN headline is 'Virginia to look at its "system" after First Four exit'

Just a terrible ending to a lousy season for them - if you're going to play ugly basketball, you at least have to win. And the coaching lapses in the NCSU game were mind-boggling.

BTW does this UVA debacle settle anything between @Pilchard and @cville deac :unsure:

That performance from UVA will just throw gasoline on the fire for the "ACC sucks" narrative. And yet it's almost like you have multiple sources of rankings and measures based on reasonable metrics that all clearly agreed UVA was a fraud and a beneficiary of a lopsided ACC schedule where they only played the other 3 at-large ACC bid teams once each. Hell they didn't beat UNC or Duke and only beat Clemson because Clark hit back iron on the game-winning 3. Just recognizing how much water that one missed shot carried for UVA's season is insane. How pissed is Pitt right now watching that trash...

Back