• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

ISU-Stanford in OT for the last game of the night. Brinks and Crooks fouled out. ISU just took the lead. And they've been going back and forth trading threes since.

Last edited:
Some really fishy officiating in that 4th quarter.

No one is scared of Clark and Iowa, that’s for sure. They’ve got their work cut out for them.

It felt like she couldn’t get free for anything and really had a light scoring game. Look up and she had 32 of their 64. Just so good.
This has been a great game. I love that the WVU girls hate Clark this much.

I respect Caitlyn Clark for almost single handedly elevating the women’s game to relevance.

But damn she is incredibly hatable. If Duke basketball had to be one women it would be Caitlyn Clark

So what is about Caitlin Clark that similar players like Paige Bueckers and Sabrina Ionescu don't have? Is it that she's hatable yet so many people like her?

So what is about Caitlin Clark that similar players like Paige Bueckers and Sabrina Ionescu don't have? Is it that she's hatable yet so many people like her?
For starters she’s more accomplished than both in the college game on an individual level. Second she’s the first star of the NIL level which means people are exposed to her via State Farm commercials and stuff that wouldn’t otherwise. Second Iowa is a relatively benign folksy school compared to UConn. Oregon is on the west coast and half their games were while much of America was asleep. Lastly, and this is a big one, her name is alliterative and easy for white people to pronounce.

Still trying to figure out why the NCAA had to put a team in a hotel 35 minutes away from the host location. It’s not like Spokane is a small town.

Still trying to figure out why the NCAA had to put a team in a hotel 35 minutes away from the host location. It’s not like Spokane is a small town.
Especially in effin' Idaho, which is well known for having the most crazies along these lines. The NCAA needs to engage in more forethought in where they host games and players in these times.

As for Clark, she definitely brings some tude, but I don't find her overly hatable, and she has had 4 years of incredible production with Steph like range. Bueckers was a much bigger name entering college and I think was the POY her freshman year. I remember her being all over youtube as a HS player along with her Minneapolis bestie Jalen Suggs. And she has a much more likeable personality. But out of sight, out of mind when she missed her next 2 years with season ending knee injuries. And when you watch Bueckers, she doesn't shoot 3s with a contorted body or from the logo. I think it's that Steph like quality of shooting from the logo and with occasional body contortion along with the crazy 4 year production that makes Clark so compelling. She has that Pistol Pete showman aspect that few have had since Maravich, whereas Bueckers isn't that flashy and lost 2 complete years of production.

Spokane was also hosting the men's regional the same weekend and apparently had two other conventions in town.

Spokane is smaller than Winston-Salem. This would be like having folks stay at a hotel in Greensboro because Winston had several ongoing evvents.

Spokane was also hosting the men's regional the same weekend and apparently had two other conventions in town.

Spokane is smaller than Winston-Salem. This would be like having folks stay at a hotel in Greensboro because Winston had several ongoing evvents.
Sure. Next question is did any of the men’s teams have to stay in Idaho?

No they didn't. I was just answering why anybody was staying 35 minutes away. I'd imagine too that the NCAA had already reserved blocks for the Spokane regional that was set for the last like 4-5 years rather than the Spokane Gonzaga regional which wasn't finalized for sure until a week ago (although I'm certain Gonzaga would have needed to make some earlier plans as part of a host bid)

No they didn't. I was just answering why anybody was staying 35 minutes away. I'd imagine too that the NCAA had already reserved blocks for the Spokane regional that was set for the last like 4-5 years rather than the Spokane Gonzaga regional which wasn't finalized for sure until a week ago (although I'm certain Gonzaga would have needed to make some earlier plans as part of a host bid)

I can understand why “anybody” was staying 35 minutes away. I don’t understand why one of the teams was staying 35 minutes away.

Incredible. Really feels like the WNBA will drop the ball. This summer is their time to shine.

This is ridiculous. State’s up big shooting on the long side.

Crazy they didn’t notice it before.

Back