• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

Need more stars like Clark & Reese next year and following years to keep generating that enthusiasm. Clark is basically a once in a generation or two player and she took over for all of women’s bball. She goes to WNBA or wherever, her Iowa excitement is gone and they are back to middle of Big Ten. People will hardly remember Coach Bluder.
Now I hope they keep watching her in WNBA. That is a league that is hard to watch and needs a bunch of Caitlin Clark’s!
Juju!!!

I mean she’s on TV and in the same league as the East Coast people. Lots of young talent now that we’re all watching!
I hope they do some great scheduling for her because TV needs her 27 ppg and flair. Same for the men’s team too if Bronny stays.

I’m curious about further staggering the two tournaments with women shifting to Saturday-Tuesday for the first two weekends and Sunday/Tuesday for the final.

seems like the viewership base has a decent amount of overlap

It was Saturday-Tuesday from 2003 to 2014. Then it switched to Friday-Monday with Friday-Sunday FF.

When they made the switch, I think the concern was that the Tuesday finals was an afterthought. Nowadays, the men’s finals might be the undercard.

Andraya Carter, Chiney Ogwumike, and Elle Duncan run a great studio show.
Carter is one of my favorite analysts in the game (men’s or women’s) these days. She’s really good. And Elle is always so endearing.

Yeah, I know next to nothing about women's hoops, but I still wanna hear what they have to say. It's way more conversational than many of these other (non-Inside the NBA) studio shows with their massive panels and "let's just go around and each make a general 20-second point and not really talk to each other".

is there a prop bet on the announcer using the word "elite" or something?

uconn kinda should be up 10 more

The officiating bias for Iowa is laughable. This is boxing levels of corruption

ok -- that double screen play to get her a clean look was pretty dope

"Possession Iowa"

<ball going off Iowa player's fingertips>

Clark not close to touched on a three, foul called. Next possession UConn chick mauled, no foul, ball off Iowa, Iowa ball.

I like women's hoops a lot. It's more below the rim and less athleticism, so it's not just dudes trying to jump over each other and an iffy block/charge foul being called every other possession. Plus the 4 quarters and not shooting FTs until the 5th foul per quarter makes for way better game flow than the men's game.

(Bill Walton voice) That last Iowa possession was one of the five worst possessions in the history of women's basketball

Back