• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Davidson, Richmond, VCU, UNC-Charlotte, App State are all better in NET right now than Cal and Stanford.

We need a few of those on the schedule next sesaon.
I'd love to see them do two non-con road games in SC/NC/VA.

I assume Cal and Stanford are on Sat and Mon or maybe Wed/Thurs and Sat.

May be worth a trip to the Bay Area. Catch a Warriors game. Maybe a Niners playoff game if the timing works out.
It looks like every team that plays in California will play at both Cal and Stanford, so I’m assuming this is the plan for those teams.

I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but seems like the ACC would want to send its flagship bball programs out west to promote the brand.

It just makes sense. I assume Cal and Stanford will host one week and travel the next.

Cal
Home/Away: SMU, Stanford, NC State
Home: Boston College, Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Away: Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Pitt

Stanford
Home/Away: Cal, SMU, Wake Forest
Home: Boston College, Florida State, Miami, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech

They also play the exact same schedule aside from Wake/State. I assume teams will be getting Cal and Stanford back to back. For example, Cal-Duke and Stanford-UNC on Saturday and Stanford-Duke and Cal-UNC on Monday (since ESPN likes Duke and UNC home games on Monday).

Niether UNC nor Duke go to CA in year one....

200w.gif

It should be a priority for Wake to schedule regional road games. It's good for the metrics. And Wake kinda owes it to the fans who used to get three road games in the Triangle and/or reasonable drives to Clemson, Atlanta, and Charlottesville.

Looks like 14-6 to me.

Of course, some things could change between now and November.

I know a couple other people posted asking about this but does anyone know what is going on with Damari?

Based on his tweets, I am guessing that either he got reinjured, Forbes told him that he was not going to be getting minutes, or that there isn't a spot for him next year.

It just makes sense. I assume Cal and Stanford will host one week and travel the next.

Cal
Home/Away: SMU, Stanford, NC State
Home: Boston College, Florida State, Miami, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Stanford
Home/Away: Cal, SMU, Wake Forest
Home: Boston College, Florida State, Miami, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech

They also play the exact same schedule aside from Wake/State. I assume teams will be getting Cal and Stanford back to back. For example, Cal-Duke and Stanford-UNC on Saturday and Stanford-Duke and Cal-UNC on Monday (since ESPN likes Duke and UNC home games on Monday).
I'd be surprised if they doubled up on Duke/UNC games on a Monday, since the ACC only has one time slot on that day on ESPN. More likely that it would be Wed/Sat, Thurs/Sat, or Thurs/Sun (we finally get ACC Men's games back on Thursday nights!). But there will definitely be more 2-day turnarounds for ACC teams in the future, with these longer road trips and trying to stack two games on the same trip.

I know a couple other people posted asking about this but does anyone know what is going on with Damari?

Based on his tweets, I am guessing that either he got reinjured, Forbes told him that he was not going to be getting minutes, or that there isn't a spot for him next year.

I think it was his IG that had some stuff... I watched it, but have no idea if there was a message.

Seems kind of like a wait and see thing. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably just frustration about not being where he wants to be in terms of health/conditioning.

If there is something more to it, hopefully we'll get more info either before or after the VT game.

Back