• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Can't believe no one is talking about Damari Monsanto's social media today. He's sounding like he's throwing in the towel

???

Just looked and saw nothing.
His Instagram story has photos of him throughout his basketball career with songs playing over them. Songs entitled “losing my cool”, “fuck the world”, “end of the road”

His Instagram story has photos of him throughout his basketball career with songs playing over them. Songs entitled “losing my cool”, “fuck the world”, “end of the road”

Boyz II Men “End of the Road?”

On the positive side, this does seem like a year where all you really care about is getting in the tourney and avoiding Dayton. I'd much rather be a 10 or 11 seed than an 8 or 9.
Another positive may be that we are 3 games above VT and at least near a single bye for ACCT. Our win over 2nd place Duke may give us the tiebreak in case we lose on Sat.

Another positive may be that we are 3 games above VT and at least near a single bye for ACCT. Our win over 2nd place Duke may give us the tiebreak in case we lose on Sat.
Will likely come down to beating clemson for the double bye. Though Virginia has a tough finish ahead.

Will likely come down to beating clemson for the double bye. Though Virginia has a tough finish ahead.
If we can win out. Right now 6 teams have either 10 or 9 wins. Lots of shuffling to be done by March 9.

Bummer on Damari. Maybe he had to shut it down again for the season? He reposted a thank you tweet to ETSU from 2021 which is odd.

He's what, like 20? 21? Kids that age get passionate and post things like that all time. I wouldn't read all that much into it.
He’s 23, has been in college for 5 years, and is struggling to get back to form after his second major leg injury,

It’s absolutely possible dude is struggling mentally and ready to quit right now. Hopefully not, because I think he can still be an asset to this team.

I think the realization that he can't get back to form in time to be a major factor this season is setting in.

I still think he has a few big moments in him to help us in March!

Back