• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Also, I'm a huge Monsanto fan. One of the most exciting players we've had in years. But he doesn't need to be putting shit on social media a couple hours before tip

Also, I'm a huge Monsanto fan. One of the most exciting players we've had in years. But he doesn't need to be putting shit on social media a couple hours before tip
What difference does it make? If being on his phone and social media is how he relaxes before a game then so be it. Us olds just have a hard time understanding how younger folks do things. What should he be doing? Watching tape?
It’s only a distraction to fans…no one else

Monsanto’s in his feelings like any of us might be. I hate it but it’s 2024, young folks post their feelings on social media instead of venting to a friend. I’m going to ignore it and hope for the best for a kid who’s obviously struggling atm.

Yeah counterpoint, it's a message board, so we can be curious why a good Deac like Damari has been taking to social media all week, and now 2 hours before tip. But yeah, if it helps him relax, I'm all for it! Post away baby! Get loosev

Yeah counterpoint, it's a message board, so we can be curious why a good Deac like Damari has been taking to social media all week, and now 2 hours before tip. But yeah, if it helps him relax, I'm all for it! Post away baby! Get loosev
Agree. I meant more- I wouldn’t read too much into emo tweets. They’re akin to what we have told our friends when we were drunk.

You’re making his point. “They only love what you do for 'em”
No ones complained about Damari missing shots. I've never painted Damari as anything other than the man.

He's bringing attention to himself at a time when his team needs him, even if it's to sit on the bench and be supportive.

If he plays today and looks distracted and like shit, then it'll be easy to point to how distracted he's seemed this week.

I legit unconditionally love Damari as a player. Fucking loved watching him play last two years. He hadn’t returned to form this year but he was so incredible the last two years and has been through so much that I don’t care. If he’s healthy I want to keep seeing him out there.

I legit unconditionally love Damari as a player. Fucking loved watching him play last two years. He hadn’t returned to form this year but he was so incredible the last two years and has been through so much that I don’t care. If he’s healthy I want to keep seeing him out there.
Agree

nah, my point is he is being a distraction to the team during a critical point in our season and if he shoots 0-5 today then everyone is going to point to his tweets and blame him for being emo during March of all times and I would rather that not happen.

All this talk about Wake getting in going 2-1 from here isn't real.

We are most likely going to lose the Florida Q1 win. If we don't win today, I don't see any way we make the tourney unless we make a run in the ACCT.

Today is the definition of a MASSIVE game.

Back