• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

nah, my point is he is being a distraction to the team during a critical point in our season and if he shoots 0-5 today then everyone is going to point to his tweets and blame him for being emo during March of all times and I would rather that not happen.
I don’t think tweets are a distraction to the team

All this talk about Wake getting in going 2-1 from here isn't real.

We are most likely going to lose the Florida Q1 win. If we don't win today, I don't see any way we make the tourney unless we make a run in the ACCT.

Today is the definition of a MASSIVE game.

we already lost the Florida Q1 win - they were 34 in NET entering today

Who was the last 4-year senior to be drafted #1? Was it our man Duncan? Y'all get back to me on that.

If they win the next two, it would be pretty amazing to go undefeated at home for the first time since 2005 & still possibly miss the tournament.

If they win the next two, it would be pretty amazing to go undefeated at home for the first time since 2005 & still possibly miss the tournament.
Would you even argue we should go? I don’t think I could. I also think the bottom falls out now.

Wake’s 11 losses at the half:
1) Down 4
2) Up 10
3) Down 10
4) Down 1
5) Up 10
6) Up 1
7) Up 10
8) Down 2
9) Up 1
10) Up 5
11) Up 9
Would also be interested to know what the biggest lead was in the first halves. Like wasn't today's 15?

Would you even argue we should go? I don’t think I could. I also think the bottom falls out now.
I would have a hard time making the argument for them to go. I do think many of the bubble teams are shit though. So, I guess overall I couldn’t argue they deserve it, but comparing to others one on one, I’d start to argue for them to get in.
My main point is there are like 4 major teams that have gone undefeated at home and willl all be top seeds in dance & we sit here potentially in that group still uncertain they even belong in at all.

Wake’s 11 losses at the half:
1) Down 4
2) Up 10
3) Down 10
4) Down 1
5) Up 10
6) Up 1
7) Up 10
8) Down 2
9) Up 1
10) Up 5
11) Up 9
of those 11 losses, wake only outscored the opponent in two of those games in the second half
net difference between half time lead/deficit and final outcome

1) +1
2) -17
3) +4
4) -4
5) -17
6) -22
7) -15
8) -6
9) -3
10) -10
11) -20

I feel a lot of people are looking at this team purely through the lenses of what could have been. They still have the expectations of a team with healthy Cam and Monsanto that was anything like pre-injury Damari.

I’ll consider throwing in the towel if we drop one next week. Still not quitting on this team.

Back