• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

For TOB idiots who talked about "this isn't the path" every time we lost a winnable game the last month...

Any one of those games would have negated last nights loss being the proverbial final nail.

Ridiculous how many easily winnable games were excused this way because we weren’t “supposed” to win according to the metrics.

Ridiculous how many easily winnable games were excused this way because we weren’t “supposed” to win according to the metrics.
Cam has screamed about numbers all season. We were favored in each of our last 3 games and lost all 3. Shut the fuck up about metrics. I said on TOB I felt we’d finish 6-5 after the road Pitt game and was met with “are you sure about that? We’re favored in most of the games down the stretch, no way that happens”.

Just an epic collapse after finally making Lunardi’s magical cut with the Duke win.
Yeah. It's almost like the whole court storming thing turned into a Duke curse on wake. OTOH, Duke put it behind them quickly and are now going to play for the ACC championship. I bet we won't see any court storming in the NIT. Sigh...

Cam has screamed about numbers all season. We were favored in each of our last 3 games and lost all 3. Shut the fuck up about metrics. I said on TOB I felt we’d finish 6-5 after the road Pitt game and was met with “are you sure about that? We’re favored in most of the games down the stretch, no way that happens”.
All of the expected win kenpom nerds got shut the fuck down this season. Win some games, quit talking about predictive shit who gives a fuck.

Also, always happy for some specific questions. Ben and I will have our opinions, but especially after this past week, we to try and provide some answers.
Specific question here

What the hell happened?

also, why are we cursed? why can't we have nice things?

:) ;)

Last edited:
Just really hard to accept the excuses that we didn’t have enough talent this season given that we pounded many of these teams at home. Obviously players are responsible as well but this was a huge missed opportunity. I’m sure Forbes and staff feel the same. Seems like most agree next season will be an inflection point.

Just really hard to accept the excuses that we didn’t have enough talent this season given that we pounded many of these teams at home. Obviously players are responsible as well but this was a huge missed opportunity. I’m sure Forbes and staff feel the same. Seems like most agree next season will be an inflection point.

I agrew with you, I don't get the talent excuse

Me Tuesday night: This sucks. I need a new hobby. I am out.

Me last night: Bart Torvik gives us a 44% chance if we beat Clemson. Let’s run some ACC Tournament scenarios.

Torvik really wants us to root against Southern this week. Their two games are listed as most important outside of the Clemson game.

Back