• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I agrew with you, I don't get the talent excuse
Absolutely. If we have the talent to beat teams by 20-30 points then it’s fucking ridiculous to be splitting series with them. That’s not talent, it’s inconsistency to the extreme.

Me Tuesday night: This sucks. I need a new hobby. I am out.

Me last night: Bart Torvik gives us a 44% chance if we beat Clemson. Let’s run some ACC Tournament scenarios.

Torvik really wants us to root against Southern this week. Their two games are listed as most important outside of the Clemson game.
I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but the case gets weird if we do beat Clemson. We'd be headed towards having a higher Kenpom (and maybe NET) than any team ever left out of the tournament. It would be hard to make even a weak resume-based argument that we deserve a bid without also winning a few ACCT games though.

This may already have been posted but according to this tweet, our three most likely opponents for the first game would seem to be VT, GT, or ND. What could go wrong?

I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but the case gets weird if we do beat Clemson. We'd be headed towards having a higher Kenpom (and maybe NET) than any team ever left out of the tournament. It would be hard to make even a weak resume-based argument that we deserve a bid without also winning a few ACCT games though.
Torvik likes our chances with 3 more wins. I have to say Torvik has been more optimistic about our odds than I expected for as long as I have followed this season.

I have not spent much time on this but I think 2 wins gets us a date with Clemson, Pitt, or UVa. If we play Virginia I doubt that would be a quad 1. Pitt probably would be. Clemson maybe a quad 1A? Clemson would be the best for the resume but beating Clemson twice in a week sounds tough.

Getting Miami first would be the best I think because that would be a quad 2.

Absolutely. If we have the talent to beat teams by 20-30 points then it’s fucking ridiculous to be splitting series with them. That’s not talent, it’s inconsistency to the extreme.

I don't disagree, but Duke split with GT this year. And UNC lost their only game against them.

Even weirder, Duke won a close game against GT at Cameron and lost in Atlanta... We dominated in Atlanta and then shit the bed at home.

I don't disagree, but Duke split with GT this year. And UNC lost their only game against them.

Even weirder, Duke won a close game against GT at Cameron and lost in Atlanta... We dominated in Atlanta and then shit the bed at home.
It's not the Ga Tech game itself, it's the complete inconsistency of this team. The only consistency was, we played well at home and then they blew that out of the water. Coming off off a 2 road losses to teams we really should've beaten and losing to a team that we absolutely embarrassed at their place was inexcusable.

Oh, I agree 100%. Have to win games. Especially those kinds of games.

Just pointing out that any loss can be justified if you look around at other results. The problem is that we've lost too many and at inopportune times.

Torvik likes our chances with 3 more wins. I have to say Torvik has been more optimistic about our odds than I expected for as long as I have followed this season.

I have not spent much time on this but I think 2 wins gets us a date with Clemson, Pitt, or UVa. If we play Virginia I doubt that would be a quad 1. Pitt probably would be. Clemson maybe a quad 1A? Clemson would be the best for the resume but beating Clemson twice in a week sounds tough.

Getting Miami first would be the best I think because that would be a quad 2.
I am not convinced that beating Clemson, then beating two of FSU/VT/Clemson/Pitt with a loss to UNC/Duke gets us there. Given what has happened in the last week, I think in that scenario we may need to make it all the way to the finals.

Given the way this team has played recently, this conversation isn't even really worth the time until we actually see Wake beat Clemson

My son is 18 years, old, and a HS senior. The last time Wake played in the ACC Tourney semi-finals, he was 2 months old.

My youngest was born in 2011 and has never seen us play a game in the NCAA tourney.

This is why all the Path stuff was so stupid.

i mean technically the other teams in and around the bubble suck too. so wake has that going for them

EP 33: Wake Forest's implosion, unfiltered

We asked for questions, and you delivered. 90+ mins of our answers to topics including: the Damari Monsanto situation, explaining the high-highs and the low-lows, how the team opened against Georgia Tech, depth problems, second-half woes, what could result in an at-large bid and the roster construction for next season.

We didn't make the field of 64 that year did we?

EP 33: Wake Forest's implosion, unfiltered

We asked for questions, and you delivered. 90+ mins of our answers to topics including: the Damari Monsanto situation, explaining the high-highs and the low-lows, how the team opened against Georgia Tech, depth problems, second-half woes, what could result in an at-large bid and the roster construction for next season.

Great work! Listen to the majority of it but skipped around a little bit... Hope you guys are correct with your gut feel on the roster retention for next season.... And I appreciate you continuing to follow up on the Damari situation.

also, Damn you for giving me hope that we can still make the tournament

Back