• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

He’s too small to play center imo. Keller will either be good or Forbes will go small

I mean sliding Carr to the 5 and playing Marion at the 4. Thought that was obvious since it's been the dominant lineup even with Marsh healthy.
Starting Keller may be an attempt at protecting Carr and MMM from early foul trouble battling Utah's bigs. Utah is one of the top 5 biggest teams in the country. Wake is nowhere near that, especially without Marsh and Reid.

Starting Keller may be an attempt at protecting Carr and MMM from early foul trouble battling Utah's bigs. Utah is one of the top 5 biggest teams in the country. Wake is nowhere near that, especially without Marsh and Reid.
I hope somebody kick's Keller's dog (figuratively) or something before the game to put some fire in him. Kid needs to play with some attitude instead of a deer in the headlights.

I have to admit that I’m worried about this one. Starting 1-2 after this football season would be a real kick in the ass.

I think this makes the most sense, and yet Keller has played 4 minutes this year. In Marion's 2nd game as a Deacon he doubled Keller's career high in rebounds.

If he does get the start, I read it more as an effort to put him in a critical position early so that if Reid does eventually get denied, he can develop into a legit backup. You kinda figure the goal in this one is to get us to the last 5 minutes both in striking distance of the win and with our Boopie/Sallis/Hildreth/Marion/Carr group not in foul trouble. Wonder if we see some UVA-style long possessions to get us there...

I think the answer is to just go small, spread Utah out with a 5-out, and hope that we can get some mismatches with Carr and Marion on the outside by dragging their bigs out top.

Should free up the lane for Hunter and Cam to get to the rim.

This should unintentionally help us get back on defense and just put little emphasis on any offensive rebounds.

I think the answer is to just go small, spread Utah out with a 5-out, and hope that we can get some mismatches with Carr and Marion on the outside by dragging their bigs out top.

Should free up the lane for Hunter and Cam to get to the rim.

This should unintentionally help us get back on defense and just put little emphasis on any offensive rebounds.
Try to trade 3s for 2s. if we can keep AC out of foul trouble, shoot 35%+ from behind the arc, and limit TOs, we have a chance.

another year down the fucking drain. 4 years and no NCAAT for Forbes

Because I’m a glutton for punishment, what time is the fucking game tomorrow?

looking at kenpom - the trend continues that we are giving up way too many easy buckets

offense is good

Back