• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

5-1 is the goal imo. We can’t lose at FSU. Win the 3 home games. Get one of State/BC. We have little margin for error and the OOC means we need some good wins now.
Boy that is the truth. Losing to #82 UGa and bottom feeder LSU at 104 just kills the net for later on. Plus the ACC again looks weak and has only 4 teams right now inside the KP top 40. Got to protect the home court in Jan.

And again, even if you beat shit teams by eleventy billion, your weak OOC schedule STILL gets called out as a disqualifier. Who are the terrible teams to play this year? Generally, they are the teams who were terrible last year.

So frustrating.
Not if you at least win all the easy ones like Clemson did this year vs last year when their SOS sucked. They lost to lowly South Carolina and Loyola Chicago I believe. This year they just lost to a much tougher Memphis team on the road.

Two years ago we screwed up with a couple of those type losses, blew a nice lead at home late in the season to Miami. Then blew that awful game in ACCT to BC where we fought back to lead by 10 with 6 to go.

I’m just not convinced that Clemson/Duke/UNC is genuinely a tier above us. Duke and UNC have looked like shit at times this season.
Look who they have played and compare that to our OOC schedule: Villanova, Arkansas, Tennessee, UConn, KY & Oklahoma
Arizona, Michigan St, Arkansas, Baylor.

Look who they have played and compare that to our OOC schedule: Villanova, Arkansas, Tennessee, UConn, KY & Oklahoma
Arizona, Michigan St, Arkansas, Baylor.
Agree. This is what it’s hard to know where we fit.

Lunardi has VT as his last team in. (And one of five ACC teams total). Would be nice to knock them off
As close to a must win in December as you can have. A bubble team, at home, relatively on your level, that we need to assert pretty easily that we are a tier above. Need to play our best game of the season and I expect we will do so.

I’m so excited for this game. Unfortunately we’ll be out of town but planning to attend Miami and UVA.

And thus begins my favorite sports season. I love ACC league play. I will largely arrange my schedule to catch every last minute of my Deacs.

I happened across "The Tournament" a couple nights ago; watched an episode or three. I stopped after the series segment featuring Duncan and Childress. Maybe we'll have 'one of those seasons' this year. Vibes, baby. GO DEACS!

And thus begins my favorite sports season. I love ACC league play. I will largely arrange my schedule to catch every last minute of my Deacs.

I happened across "The Tournament" a couple nights ago; watched an episode or three. I stopped after the series segment featuring Duncan and Childress. Maybe we'll have 'one of those seasons' this year. Vibes, baby. GO DEACS!
This team still needs to figure out who their Randolph is. Thar guy who refuses to lose. He may get beaten, but he isn't losing.

Boopie is my dude. Steady and reliable and makes everyone else better. But Sallis is the guy who can make us unbeatable if he’s got his A game.

Back