• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Otoh... "a year in the making" makes it seem like something a little bigger than that

Otoh... "a year in the making" makes it seem like something a little bigger than that
I agree on the "bigger" being something more than a Forbes extension. Joel renovation is the next thing on the basketball to do list.

“Year in the making” makes me think it’s NIL related.
Mit seems too strategic to wait on that to push chips in. Would have been too helpful in the off-season. Contract extension timing makes more sense with Johnetta’s stroke probably causing some lost time and impacting negotiations.

My mind goes towards an endowed coaching position with that leadership piece

It’s been almost a year (10.5 months) since Monsanto’s injury. My heart says Monsanto will be back for State or Louisville.

My head says a Forbes contract extension or a new facility.

observations after returning from the game:
our team is:
-clutch
-unselfish
-play extremely hard on defense
-no team can stay with our guards
-Sallis was way off tonight but hit the big shot (aka Carr the other night)
-Boopie is a beast
-Possibly the best "team" I have watched at wake and I have been watching for many years.
-Most importantly we have a great coach who instills confidence in our players and lets them know they can take a big shot when it counts no matter the situation
-would not trade Forbes for anybody

Hearing Forbes contract extension. If true, I think that’s a tone deaf tweet. We’re focused on what’s happening on the court and I doubt anyone is worried about Forbes leaving. All it means is the university is spending more on the coaching staff.

Wake fans should be wary of premature deals especially during the season. Not sure why something like that can’t wait until April or May.

Hearing Forbes contract extension. If true, I think that’s a tone deaf tweet. We’re focused on what’s happening on the court and I doubt anyone is worried about Forbes leaving. All it means is the university is spending more on the coaching staff.

Wake fans should be wary of premature deals especially during the season. Not sure why something like that can’t wait until April or May.
Ahhh. So this is to put those weird WVU rumors to bed.

Hell no. If you think Forbes is the guy you lock him up now. Time kills all deals…you get the deal off the street ASAP.
The idea of it being distracting is silly. It’s all done with agents…doesn’t change his focus or anyone else’s.

You don’t wait until April or May because his price goes up and the risk of leaving goes up with a good season

It’s not an extension. Really seems NIL related with trilly supporting that notion

Though we do need to get that next extension lined up soon probably

Back