• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Yes, those reasons are important, but the double bye guarantees WF a spot in the ACC quarters...

WF has not played an ACCT quarterfinal in 18 years. 2006. Not positive, but I believe Duke has played in 18 ACCT quarters over that span. WF has played in zero. So, yes, the double bye is important because WF can't lose in the ACCT on loser Tuesday or play-in Wednesday.

We made the quarters last year - let this stat die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, those reasons are important, but the double bye guarantees WF a spot in the ACC quarters...

WF has not played an ACCT quarterfinal in 18 years. 2006. Not positive, but I believe Duke has played in 18 ACCT quarters over that span. WF has played in zero. So, yes, the double bye is important because WF can't lose in the ACCT on loser Tuesday or play-in Wednesday.

We played in the ACCT QF last season

Wake hasn't been in the semis since 2006 (lost to Duke as the 12 seed). We also had the double bye the Cleveland State year (lost as the 2 seed to Maryland)

fake news

The fact that Wake has nothing but ACC games left and has a Q4 game left along with at least one Q3 away game is just crazy. Every major conference is typically going to have a team or two that is bad, but for Louisville and Notre Dame to be this bad is unprecedented for the ACC and a major issue for the conference.

I mean even at their worst, the previous two Wake coaches didn't have teams that are as bad as Louisville has been this year and last.
Not for lack of trying, though

Maybe UL will drop 55 spots in KP, but that's what they currently need to do to match <redacted>-level ineptitude

(there were fewer teams that year, so more like 68 spots)

Sounds like they are going to be charging 10 bucks to park in the football stadium lot for the rest of the Saturday basketball games

cc: @RedSoxFaithful

That doesn't mean they'll have someone manning the entrance on Reynolds Blvd
Hey! Phrasing! GIF - Aletter GIFs

Just going to bump two things, with it being gameday and all. First, have an almost 2000 word preview on the game over at BSD that should cover just about anything you would need/want to know. That's available here.

Next, we've got a similar preview + discussion of VT & BC games, along with Miami over at BOTG. An hour of fun, informative content there. Available on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

It's my sister's birthday, so I am home for the next day or two. Remote coverage from me as a result, but we will have Ben Conroy, the other half of the BOTG team, at the Joel this afternoon. You can follow him @BenConroyWFU on Twitter. As always, thanks for reading and listening if you choose to do so!

They did last year for the games they charged for. It was super frustrating.
Last year they charged $20 to park in the football stadium lots for Saturday games which is INSANE. At least this year they bumped it down to $10.

Would still like to see it be cheaper than the coliseum lots since you have to walk further though.

Last year they charged $20 to park in the football stadium lots for Saturday games which is INSANE. At least this year they bumped it down to $10.

Would still like to see it be cheaper than the coliseum lots since you have to walk further though.
BC parking in a garage was free, which blew my mind.

Back