• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Marsh with another concussion worries me. He had a long recovery from his concussion during preseason practice last year.

Honestly I'm just really bummed. It was fun to have a couple meaningful games early but to be this down this early really hurts. I want to really like this team.
Wish these games were in December. Right out the gate like this is tough

This NCAA continues to screw us by not letting Reid play. It's quite ridiculous how bias this process has become. College sports has become a dumpster fire and LOWF will never benefit from such a corrupt system. Take me back to the Duncan era, when college basketball was pure and fun!

For those people that think we're hyping up Reid too much, it's less about how good Reid could be (and I think he'll be very good) and more about how big that hole is on our roster right now.
Precisely, I don't think Reid will come in an average a double double but we severely needed him against a tall Utah team

This NCAA continues to screw us by not letting Reid play. It's quite ridiculous how bias this process has become. College sports has become a dumpster fire and LOWF will never benefit from such a corrupt system. Take me back to the Duncan era, when college basketball was pure and fun!
But are they really screwing us? Not having an answer yet sucks, but he 100% should not get a waiver if we are just looking at the rules (whether you agree or disagree with those rules is a different conversation).

In other news, Timberlake no longer plays for Towson.

Also, Towson coach Pat Skerry is the 2023 Skip Prosser Man of the Year award winner.

We should win, an ugly game.

feel like the team will come out super flat today against Towson

For those people that think we're hyping up Reid too much, it's less about how good Reid could be (and I think he'll be very good) and more about how big that hole is on our roster right now.
Also, in the mid summer presser, I believe Forbes said that he was our 2nd or 3rd best player, maybe just behind Sallis and possibly Cam? I believe that was both in the player rankings and in the coaches rankings. Can't remember where Marsh was.

But are they really screwing us? Not having an answer yet sucks, but he 100% should not get a waiver if we are just looking at the rules (whether you agree or disagree with those rules is a different conversation).
The uncertainty is screwing with Wake. How do you practice? With Reid as a starter or rotation guy? With Reid as a scout team guy only? Some of both?

How does Forbes plan player rotations in game? Reid unavailable requires one set of rotations. Reid available means a different rotation plan. The uncertainty means Forbes can't establish who he wants where for the bulk of the season. Most teams have starters who start more than 25 games a season. Reid was projected to be one of those guys for Wake this season. Will he be? Nobody knows.

The uncertainty is screwing with Wake. How do you practice? With Reid as a starter or rotation guy? With Reid as a scout team guy only? Some of both?

How does Forbes plan player rotations in game? Reid unavailable requires one set of rotations. Reid available means a different rotation plan. The uncertainty means Forbes can't establish who he wants where for the bulk of the season. Most teams have starters who start more than 25 games a season. Reid was projected to be one of those guys for Wake this season. Will he be? Nobody knows.
NCAA:

Back