• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Yeah, uh, really hope we don't get tonight's version of Miami on Saturday. Put up 60 in just the 2nd half. Pack, Cleveland, and George combined to go 10 for 17 from deep. Pack shot 100% for 20 points in the 2nd half. And Cleveland also shot 100% for 16 points in the 2nd half.

Hopefully they got all that shit out of their system, yeesh. Boopie vs. Pack is gonna be must-watch TV.

Miami looks very solid and likely underrated. A win Saturday would be impressive. Fortunately the Joel will be a big advantage for us.
Going to be a cold and rainy...possibly icy day Saturday in WS. Hope a good crowd still turns out to support the Deacs.

Walking out of the Joel the other day after the VT win and my daughter asked me if the memorial was a cemetery. Really wish we could respectfully separate our basketball facility from the town war memorial. I have to think the families of those soldiers would enjoy a more proper place to honor them.

Really don’t know what they were thinking with that setup.
My middle son asked the exact same question when walking in to the Joel for that game. . . it was a good opportunity to teach.

however, the opposite could be true. . . more names of lost soldiers could have been read over the last 35 years than ever would have been before. . . . and the placards on the inside are special too.

Its always been weird to combine sports with veterans and memorials, however it seems to work though in this country.

Going to be a cold and rainy...possibly icy day Saturday in WS. Hope a good crowd still turns out to support the Deacs.
Afternoon temps are supposed to be in the forties. Early morning could be messy but by afternoon it will be just the regular winter cold rain. Come inside the Joel to stay warm!

I'll be there with my daughter! I will buy her an overpriced Dr. Pepper and I'll get potentially get me a crusty cheeseburger and a diet Pepsi.

Listened to the latest Forbes show. Sounds like Jao is close to returning; Forbes said he expects him to start practicing with the team today and he should be ready for games in a couple weeks. Sounds like Demari's timeline is still unclear.

Back