• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Hell no. If you think Forbes is the guy you lock him up now. Time kills all deals…you get the deal off the street ASAP.
The idea of it being distracting is silly. It’s all done with agents…doesn’t change his focus or anyone else’s.

You don’t wait until April or May because his price goes up and the risk of leaving goes up with a good season
The price of steak at Peter Luger's could go up too. You should still wait to celebrate.

Wake has a bad history of premature extensions. Dino after Cleveland State. Manning after the First Four. Jen Hoover after making the tournament in the COVID year. All fired shortly thereafter. I have confidence in Forbes, but I'd rather wait until he's accomplished something.

Hope Trilly is right, though.

We already extended Forbes for making the NIT, hopefully we didn't give him some stupid contract for beating Miami at home in OT.

Trilly seems to suggest it's NIL related.
that's how i read that tweet as well. idea being an increased NIL pool would incent Forbes to not look outside of Wake.

The price of steak at Peter Luger's could go up too. You should still wait to celebrate.

Wake has a bad history of premature extensions. Dino after Cleveland State. Manning after the First Four. Jen Hoover after making the tournament in the COVID year. All fired shortly thereafter. I have confidence in Forbes, but I'd rather wait until he's accomplished something.

Hope Trilly is right, though.
Just because wake made bad extensions with other people shouldn’t have an impact on Forbes or anyone else currently.

I don’t have an opinion on if he should be extended or not. But if Wake admin truly believes he’s their guy get it done now. Otherwise you are waiting for him to prove it still…which means you aren’t convicted on the guy. You don’t wait just to wait or just because Danny Manning sucked ass

This is also the first time in a while that there is legitimate interest from high level schools for our coach. And it’ll be like that until the end, we just have to keep the deal sweet and hope Fran stays at Iowa forever. I worried about Louisville last time, hopefully we stay away from that one this cycle but it won’t surprise me when he’s high on that list again.

This is also the first time in a while that there is legitimate interest from high level schools for our coach. And it’ll be like that until the end, we just have to keep the deal sweet and hope Fran stays at Iowa forever. I worried about Louisville last time, hopefully we stay away from that one this cycle but it won’t surprise me when he’s high on that list again.
I could be wrong. But the type of guy that would enjoy coaching at Wake Forest doesn't seem like the type of guy that would enjoy coaching at Louisville. I know they have a ton of money but Forbes isn't starving at Wake. Sometimes the very lucrative lower stress job with stand up players/fans/students is better than the pressure cooker of a job for a few more bucks. We shall see.

Just some random notes/thoughts
1) Sallis was out of sorts after the 3rd foul but hit the big one.
2) Keller's corner shot was absolutely critical - we were reeling and that stopped the run and got us back in it.
3) Parker had 2 chances for dagger shots and missed - in games where his is really hot, he hits those and we win by 10+.
4) No one can stay in front of Boopie, he has the ball on a string unlike any PG we have had in awhile.
Keller is encouraged by Forbes to let it fly. No fear.

"No one can stay in front of Boopie, he has the ball on a string unlike any PG we have had in awhile."

Boopie acts as if the basketball is a yo yo. LOL

I could be wrong. But the type of guy that would enjoy coaching at Wake Forest doesn't seem like the type of guy that would enjoy coaching at Louisville. I know they have a ton of money but Forbes isn't starving at Wake. Sometimes the very lucrative lower stress job with stand up players/fans/students is better than the pressure cooker of a job for a few more bucks. We shall see.
Louisville pressure cooker would include all the idiot Louisville fans, so that seems like a hard pass for Forbes. No thank you.

Seems like Mick Cronin is the likely hire there at Louisville. Chris Beard, Dusty May, and maybe Jerome Tang would probably be higher on their list than Forbes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk FRANK's too cool for me to bother him over a silly tweet

Let’s not forget that he now really needs to consider the hospitals around the area too.

Back