• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I got one last week and the week before. We may not take a Spring Break trip so I may try to make it up if we get to the semis.

Did anybody else get this Wake Washington ACC tourney tix offer in their email or it just because they know I live in the DMV?
I got an email from my regular ticket rep about tourney tickets but I jist figure it’s because I have season tickets

just when i don't think forbes will ever win an acc road game again............ i'm ready to start believing that we're gonna lay it on DOOK in cameron
Optimistic as hell here, but let’s go for it. Why not us? We almost did it last year. Pitt’s done it this year. Let’s kick some Duke ASS. This is the year. Wake ML in Cameron without a doubt in my mind.

Optimistic as hell here, but let’s go for it. Why not us? We almost did it last year. Pitt’s done it this year. Let’s kick some Duke ASS. This is the year. Wake ML in Cameron without a doubt in my mind.
Why not us is 2 decades plus worth of failure, but I 100% agree. We doin it this year

We start February 7, 2024 at 25 in KP and 32 in NET. Defense wins. Beat State.

We move up 10 spots in NET to 32, but Clemson only moves 6 spots to 31 with a road win at UNC? I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We move up 10 spots in NET to 32, but Clemson only moves 6 spots to 31 with a road win at UNC? I don’t get it.

Simple answer is because it’s stupid. Clemson still had a 14 point variance from prediction (win by 4 instead of lose by 10). Reality as we are learning it loves when teams beat the tar out of another. Two straight 29 point wins is better than all. As Wake fans we got to bitch that teams took leaps by blowing out shitty teams and now it’s nice to be the benefactor.

being high in kenny is nice, but mostly bc it means we should do well against tougher opponents. if we stay top 25 from blowing out bad teams but still finish 5-4 with a bunch of close loses, not sure it will do us any good (and rightfully so, imo).

being high in kenny is nice, but mostly bc it means we should do well against tougher opponents. if we stay top 25 from blowing out bad teams but still finish 5-4 with a bunch of close loses, not sure it will do us any good (and rightfully so, imo).
Idk, this is annoying. Either the metrics matter or they don't. If we are high in metrics and it doesn't matter because we don't win the right games, or if we are low and win the right games. It gets confusing. I know the answer is you need both, but which matters more? I feel like the right wins matters more and is why we are last four out instead of like a 6 seed.

People tend to forget that the NET/Kenpom/etc. are all relative rankings. Not only are all the other pieces moving as well, but gaps in the ratings between teams could mean that a team's raw score jump could be bigger than another, but they move up fewer spots.

But also, Clemson was +15 or so over expected outcome. Wake was +25 or so. The strength of the opponent is already factored in to the prediction. Wake exceeded prediction by more, Wake gets a bigger raw score adjustment.

Last edited:
I’m good if we run off 12 1-point wins in a row between now and Selection Sunday

Back