• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Cam sadly was born with no soul so Windy says we have to be nice to him.

That being said Cam is still my dude, especially if he learns how to be the glue guy on this team. Sometimes you need to learn lessons the hard way. Hopefully we learned those in February so the ACC can suck our Deacs is march. #vibes.

Was worried about this one but happy we boat raced Pitt and glad wellman didn't curse us. I was booing his ass much to the embarrassment of my daughter last night. Got a few looks and a few laughs. Last night was fun as hell! Hate I'll be out of town for the Duke game, but my daughter has horseback riding showcase in Lexington, VA that day so family first! GO DEACS!

Up to 26 in the NET, third highest in the ACC behind Duke and Carolina.

Win Saturday, and can maybe afford to drop clemson or VT. Not sure we'd withstand dropping ND or GT.

Absolutely, what an asinine system if they admit that a Quad 1 win at home, is not vs a tournament team. Then what are we even doing!!!???
1c5f8cd1-4d4c-42d2-b610-75d1864d7b02_text.gif

We are ranked highly on all the efficiency metrics, which are designed to be predictive. But our issue is we are not very high on resume metrics, which are typically most correlated with tournament seeding (and I agree with that).

We are 22nd on ESPN's BPI (equivalent of NET or Kenny Pom) but only 51st on strength of record, which measures how strong your W-L resume is.

If we perform as well as our efficiency metrics suggest we will, we should rise in SOR over the rest of the season. But we've been saying that for a while and there aren't that many games left.

If we lose to Duke and @VT in close games and blow out the other four opponents, we could realistically rise in the efficiency metrics but not have a great case for the tourney.

Everyone around us in the NET is hovering around the 6 seed range. Just sucks to be there with them, in the system they supposedly use, and not even be remotely close to that. Maybe a win Saturday changes that, hopefully.

Back