• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Florida is 20th in strength of record. Ole Miss is 21st.

Wake is 51st. Our resume if you ignore scoring margin is very unimpressive.

Last edited:
Also just noticed that Auburn has a single win against a team inside the Kenpom Top 50.

Wake beat UF; Auburn beat Alabama.

Both beat #50 VT.

And I'm not trying to make some huge point with these resumes. I'm just pointing out that there are very few amazing resumes out there... Everything has warts outside of the very best.

I'm a stats guy. I don't even really hate NET. The quad stuff is dumb, but NET is as good as most anything else.

But it's silly that we went from 40 to 26 with a home win against Pittsburgh.
10000%. But refreshing that the coach understands the system and exploits it.

Now, we just need to win at least two out of Duke, @VPI, Clemson, and hold serve in the other two....

If you are quad one game for your opponent at their home court you should be in the tournament

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
Exactly. It doesn’t make sense to give other teams credit for how good you are without you getting that credit.

duke's biggest douchbag starters and coach in no particular order:
All time hall of famer douchbag coach : No surprise here, Coach K
Starting five douchbags: Center Greg Newton, guards Grayson Allen and Collins, Center/forward Laetner, Kyree Irving (when playing 3 guard offense)

Auburn is #7 in NET...

13-1 at home; 2-6 Q1

3-4 on the road... Best win @ Ole Miss (KP69)... Other 2 road wins: Arkansas (118) & Vandy (203)

Viewed as a 4 seed.
Auburn’s resume is certainly weird, I’ll give you that. But you are neglecting that they are 6-0 in Q2 games, Wake is 4-4.

I think the biggest boost Auburn is getting is that they played (and absolutely crushed) a number of NET top 150 in the nonconference schedule. Before SEC play, they beat NET ranked teams #69, 52, 102, 147, 108, and 136. They won those 6 games by 17, 17, 28, 25, 16, and 35. And then of course the SEC's average team just has a higher NET than the ACC's average team.

In nonconference play, Wake played top 150 NET ranked teams #97, 46, 88, 29, and 90. Wake went 2-3 in those games, which is a huge reason why Wake is so far behind Auburn in terms of NET and bracketology. In other words, not having Efton in Charleston is really hurting our resume.

duke's biggest douchbag starters and coach in no particular order:
All time hall of famer douchbag coach : No surprise here, Coach K
Starting five douchbags: Center Greg Newton, guards Grayson Allen and Collins, Center/forward Laetner, Kyree Irving (when playing 3 guard offense)
I'd probably substitute Dahntay Jones for Irving (as a player, not a flat earth conspiracy theorist)

I believe winning by 33 in an ACC game is a top 10 conference win by margin in Wake history. Beating anybody by 33 anywhere is a challenge, doing it against a top 50 team entering the game (even at home), is impressive as hell.
We are such a Jekyl & Hyde team, but our “Hyde” isn’t bad, just underachieving. Love our fans, but there’s nothing about our home environment that explains a 20-30 point swing vs road performance.

Tie Dyes are back thanks to Mit.
I’m curious how the shirts will be distributed. 10k sounds like a lot to hand out at the door. Shirts on every seat downstairs is only about 6,000. How will the rest be distributed upstairs? I will be sitting upstairs and really want a shirt as I don’t own any Wake tiedye.

For what it's worth, a team in the top 30 of NET has never been left out of the tournament from what I can find. In 2023, the NET top 37 teams all made it. In 2022, the top 38 made it. In 2021, the top 41 all made it.

Wake is (likely) going to have to add an impressive win or two in order to stay at #26 by Selection Sunday, so the problem likely works itself out.

For what it's worth, a team in the top 30 of NET has never been left out of the tournament from what I can find. In 2023, the NET top 37 teams all made it. In 2022, the top 38 made it. In 2021, the top 41 all made it.

Wake is (likely) going to have to add an impressive win or two in order to stay at #26 by Selection Sunday, so the problem likely works itself out.

Beat Duke on Saturday and Wake is in I'd think. I believe there are 3 more Q1 opportunities left on the schedule.

I mean, it's not that hard to have boxes and staff at the entrances with the shirts and disperse them that way.
I’ve seen more folks say they’ll be on chair backs, I think handing them out at the entrance is the way to go.

Beat Duke on Saturday and Wake is in I'd think. I believe there are 3 more Q1 opportunities left on the schedule.
Yeah, I can almost guarantee that if Wake wins Saturday they will be in the vast majority of projected brackets next week.

Even if Wake does lose that game though, winning the other 4 should be good enough. I honestly think who the loss is doesn't even matter, if Wake goes 4-1 to close the season they will be in.

Back