• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I just can’t get over how many times we’ve choked games away the exact same way

I am on vacation and haven’t watched the game yet…fucking depth! End of season flops continue to come down to depth. We have none and he doesn’t play that way. When I watch to tomorrow I expect the same as the othe second half flops.

I am on vacation and haven’t watched the game yet…fucking depth! End of season flops continue to come down to depth. We have none and he doesn’t play that way. When I watch to tomorrow I expect the same as the othe second half flops.
From all of us here who watched…just don’t watch it tomorrow. I promise.

Jump up to #21 in KP after the day’s slate. Wake continuing to play like a top 25 team.

Last edited:
The rest of our ACC competition has similar issues. Clemson loses at ND. UVa gets destroyed on the road over and over.

Virginia has fallen to #70 on KP. Hard to see the ACC only getting 3 teams, but can’t say a 4th is a lock at this point in time.

Virginia has fallen to #70 on KP. Hard to see the ACC only getting 3 teams, but can’t say a 4th is a lock at this point in time.
I mean especially when, coming off a 30pt loss in the Joel, GT throttles them in Charlottesville next Saturday.

Down to 31 in NET. UNC, Duke, UVA, Pitt, FSU, NCST, ND, VPI all lose that Q1 win they thought they had.

Florida moves up to 33 in NET despite losing to South Carolina

so if Pitt wins their last two home games, they automatically get the double bye in the acc tournament even if we hold serve at home?

so if Pitt wins their last two home games, they automatically get the double bye in the acc tournament even if we hold serve at home?
If Cuse beats Clemson and we end up with a 3-way tie with Pitt and Cuse, WF wins that tiebreaker. Too many other possibilities to go through.

I don't believe we win a tiebreaker with Pitt. Are you sure that's right?

Anyway, solid chance we end up as a bottom-half ACC team.

I don't believe we win a tiebreaker with Pitt. Are you sure that's right?

Anyway, solid chance we end up as a bottom-half ACC team.
Three way tie among Cuse Pitt and WF:

Head to head among the 3

Cuse 2-1 swept Pitt, lost to WF
WF 2-1
Pitt 1-3

Pitt eliminated

Next tiebreaker H2H between WF and Cuse

“Solid chance” WF ends up bottom half?

That happens (maybe) if we lose out, which would be really bad…I don’t see a solid chance we lose out.

But Cuse likely to lose to Clemson at Clemson so if it is Pitt and Wake tied, who gets the double bye.

But Cuse likely to lose to Clemson at Clemson so if it is Pitt and Wake tied, who gets the double bye.
Pitt wins a two way tie breaker over WF

If there is a 3-way among Va, Pitt, WF, Pitt is the 3 seed and WF is the 4 seed

So need to pull for ga tech vs uva and state vs Pitt for Wake to have any chance of a double bye. Boy we really blew it this week with these two losses, ugh.

I don't really care to go to the NCAA Tournament just to be embarrassed in the 1st or 2nd round likely by a mid-major. I'd rather go to the NIT to build the teams confidence.

Is "home" decided by rank or overall record in the NIT?

Three way tie among Cuse Pitt and WF:

Head to head among the 3

Cuse 2-1 swept Pitt, lost to WF
WF 2-1
Pitt 1-3

Pitt eliminated

Next tiebreaker H2H between WF and Cuse

“Solid chance” WF ends up bottom half?

That happens (maybe) if we lose out, which would be really bad…I don’t see a solid chance we lose out.
Did you forget Clemson? We must beat them. I think we win over Pitt (if we win out) due to margin of victory since we split, isn't that correct?

Back