• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I can't see us getting in unless we get to the ACCT final. And would need to beat Duke/UNC en route.

Unfortunately for us the committee values quality wins above all else

I can't see us getting in unless we get to the ACCT final. And would need to beat Duke/UNC en route.

Unfortunately for us the committee values quality wins above all else
Right. A win over GT/ND won't register. A win over Pitt or Clemson won't be enough to overcome bid stealers. Need to upset UNC in the semis to have a real shot. It's tough but that's what happens when you don't win the games you're supposed to win.

Last edited:
Will play ND/GT winner on Wed @ 2:30 ET -- hope chance for some quick revenge against one of those will set us off on the right foot

We were last four out today on Lunardi. Obviously depends on what other teams do but I think three straight victories gets us in.

Maybe it goes without saying but seems like it needs to be said. We don't operate in a vacuum; so much depends on how the other bubble teams fare and how many bid stealers there are. We can make general assumptions but I don't think it's worth digesting too much till we get a win Wednesday and see where the field stands.

FWIW, based on Lunardi going into today's games:
Last Four Byes: Colo St (36 NET) won, TCU (38) lost, Miss St (39) lost, Seton Hall (63!?!?) won
Last Four In: Villanova (31) lost, St. John's (37) won, New Mexico (27) lost, Virginia (50) won
First Four Out: Providence (61?!?!?) lost, Colorado (30) won, Utah (48) lost, Iowa (58) plays Illinois tomorrow
Next Four Out: Memphis (71!?!?!) lost, Wake (41) won, Pitt (43) won, Drake (46) won

Possible ACCT Wake/Pitt elimination game upcoming
Out of this group of 16 teams, we'll probably have the 5th best NET after tonight

Last edited:
Today should have been about seeding, but obviously not the case. Hoping a Pitt/Wake battle Thursday is perceived as a win & get in game (I of course realize the Wake way is to lose to ND & not get to that point).

Who is your preference on opponent for Wednesday? I prefer GT as they seem much weaker defensively than ND. Realize Wake lost to both recently, but if Wake gets opportunity for a shootout, I’d take that over the alternative.

Back