• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 ACC Tournament Discussion Thread

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
At least we're not playing on Tuesday.

Tourney starts today at 2pm w/ #12 FSU vs. #13 GT (-2)

4:30pm - #10 BC (-6) vs. #15 Louisville
7pm - #11 VT (-7) vs. #14 ND

No action for me today (at least not yet). Interested, maybe, in GT -2... FSU has dropped 9 of 11 while GT has won 6 of 8. Seems like that line should be a couple of points higher, but not sure that's enough for me to do anything.

If Post is playing I like that BC -6 line. Haven't looked into it though.

Staying away from the other games.

The ACC tourney this year makes me think of this:

e748a2fd-f4d4-4d63-b612-88c57c592609_text.gif

I’m still excited but this is definitely the worst single day slate in Acc tournament history. One team playing is in the top 160 in KenPom (VT at 77).

Such storylines, though!

Brey's last game @ ND?
Danny Manning's return to the ACC Tourney in Greensboro!
Hamilton vs. Pastner... Could it be the final game for either of them? (no)

Yeah, I've got nothing.

Hamilton vs. Pastner...
I would think about going to GSO if this were an ACC Head Coach Celebrity Deathmatch. To see Hamilton absolutely pimpslap the curls out of Pastner's hair would be worth the $7 parking charge. Huh, "the ACC Tournament, but coaches beating the hell out of each other" bracket is a bit more interesting than the games themselves.

Here are Torvik's ACC and National for each ACC team over the last 5 games (since Feb. 17)

1. Duke (9th)
2. Clemson (25th)
3. UNC (52nd)
4. GT (63rd)
5. BC (67th)
6. VT (74th)
7. Miami (75th)
8. NC State (115th)
9. Pitt (117th)
10. UVA (120th)
11. ND (126th)
12. WF (169th)
13. L'ville (215th)
14. Cuse (248th)
15. FSU (254th)

Based upon current form, the plays today are GT and BC. For tourney futures, Duke is play on; UVA and Pitt are play against.

Odds wise I'd take Duke at +270 and Miami at +350 (from numbers I saw yesterday). Pitt at +1500 at least provides some value I guess. Fading UVA at +350.

Tell me why I shouldn't wager on GT today.
it would force you to pull for dorky ass Josh Pastner

Pastner knew he wanted to be a coach since he was in the 5th grade.[9] By the age of 13 he was publishing the Josh Pastner Scouting Report of local high school talent in the Houston area.[10] At the age of 16, the Houston Hoops AAU summer squad was turned over to Pastner by his father, his first job as a head coach.[10][11]

Can't trust BC given Post has that ankle sprain. They tend to look like shit when he's not on the floor, for whatever reason.

He's day to day, but no way is he 100%... And who knows what Grant will do given they'll be playing everyday until they lose.

There is just something so very very wrong about those teams playing on a Tuesday afternoon in the New York Life “ACC” Tournament

Such storylines, though!

Brey's last game @ ND?
Danny Manning's return to the ACC Tourney in Greensboro!
Hamilton vs. Pastner... Could it be the final game for either of them? (no)

Yeah, I've got nothing.
The Mannequin returns to his OWN INVITATIONAL! The Dude was home before lunch on Tuesday most years. I am not sure why these schools pay him to "coach".

Maybe, but slipping to the #5 seed means playing an extra game and then having to go through Duke and Miami (or Wake Forest) just to make the final. Winning 4 games in 4 days is tough.
Yeah the extra game plus having to play the top two teams in the ACC isn't an ideal path, but I do think at 15-1 it's the third best bet behind Duke/Miami. KP has the top odds at 23.1% for Duke so it's a bit of a free for all given the general parity of the top 7 teams in the league.

Back