• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

My god, we're in a terrible slump. We're 2-4 in our last six games.

two gutsy wins in a row
Big time. Soroka looked good. Imo we do not need any SP help, although I keep seeing articles saying we need 1. I am still uncomfortable with basically every arm coming out of the pen so I hope we get a pile of relievers.

Big time. Soroka looked good. Imo we do not need any SP help, although I keep seeing articles saying we need 1. I am still uncomfortable with basically every arm coming out of the pen so I hope we get a pile of relievers.
Think I agree, especially considering the price even a half season of a mediocre starter. The bullpen needs help though for sure

Disagree and why I’m so uncomfortable with this team despite the great first half. Bats can carry you during season but pitching wins championships and not sold on Bryce as a clutch pitcher against top teams in pressure situation and think teams will figure him out the 2nd half of season and he has been shelled last 2 games And Charlie isn’t shut down pitcher he used to be. We really need Fried to get healthy and return to form quickly and would love another stud SP to go with spencer and Max so Charlie is your 4th pitcher and then Bryce be a mid reliever in postseason. But yes definitely need pen help for certain.

Disagree and why I’m so uncomfortable with this team despite the great first half. Bats can carry you during season but pitching wins championships and not sold on Bryce as a clutch pitcher against top teams in pressure situation and think teams will figure him out the 2nd half of season and he has been shelled last 2 games And Charlie isn’t shut down pitcher he used to be. We really need Fried to get healthy and return to form quickly and would love another stud SP to go with spencer and Max so Charlie is your 4th pitcher and then Bryce be a mid reliever in postseason. But yes definitely need pen help for certain.
Fried could be back by next week and I think Wright is expected back in September.

Morton is no longer the third pitcher we want to roll with in a best of 5 but don’t want to waste resources unless it’s someone Snell, Stroman, etc. caliber.

AA needed a start or two and Chironos cleared waivers to use without optioning someone. He won’t be with the team very long.

Our hitting is really incredible right now. Our pitching is not

We just made another worthless trade. Hearn for Nicky Lopez. Although I’m glad Hearn will never grace the mound for us again.

Thinking perhaps Lopez means Grissom's going somewhere? Read something that said San Fran was interested in either Lopez or Grissom... Well now we have both

Thinking perhaps Lopez means Grissom's going somewhere? Read something that said San Fran was interested in either Lopez or Grissom... Well now we have both
I think it’s probably likely. I read that too.

Lopez is a serviceable infield bench option. Likely non tender candidate despite being controlled beyond this year.

Low-A Augusta just threw a combined, 7-inning no hitter. The crowd went wild. Not sure if anyone there realized why they were celebrating.

please please please don't trade Jared Shuster today

Back