• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

Andruw Jones was a rare talent playing defense in centerfield. He could see a ball come off the bat, turn, run to the area it would land and make the catch. He did not need to see the flight of ball to do this and that allowed him much greater range than mortal men. A joy to watch.

Soroka and McHugh to the IL. Darius Vines and Ben Heller called up.

The bullpen has been playing with fire all year and has better numbers than the eye test warrants. I fear we’re seeing their true selves the last couple of nights.

Great time at the game tonight. Acuna with two shots! Big weekend with Andruw's retirement saturday.
He has a shot at 40 now. Would love to see 40 HR, a 1.000 OPS, 100 RBI, and 70 steals. He already had well over 100 runs and is well over a .300 BA.

And the Andruw # retirement is past due!

Andruw's number retirement was an unexpected treat to this weekend.

In 1996 I went to visit a friend in Philly for a Braves series. The unexpected treat then was Andruw's major league debut. That means I have to be one of the few to see his debut and number retirement in person.

Pretty blown away by how awesome the atmosphere, stadium, battery area, and overall experience was tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow, section 115 for us. Got a couple Go Deacs as we made our way to our seats behind 3rd base tonight as well!

Just shared the elevator with Tom Glavine.

People were lining up 3 hours before gates opened for the Andruw Jones bobblead. Just going to take a pass on that. The line is approximately 200 yards long.
You should have seen it for Outkast bobblehead night…

Back