• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: wheelin & dealin

The Rome Braves play this week in Winston-Salem for the last time ever (rebranding following the season, super lame). Hopefully will get to see either Kyle Wright or Hurston Waldrep pitch this week. Pitching matchups for High-A baseball generally aren't released until hours before first pitch, so tough to know in advance.

Monster 4-game matchup with Dodgers beginning this evening. Smart move pushing Strider back a day and giving Vines his first start last night.

For sure... I will say I went to bed when it was 7-1 and a little startled that it ended up being 8-7. Hopefully we can take at least one more this weekend so Dodgers don't gain any ground.
I did the exact same thing and I was shocked. I’d be thrilled with a split.

Elder on mound tonight. Love the postseason rotation being displayed this weekend. The last few weekend games here in Atlanta have honestly felt like postseason atmosphere. Pumped for the homecoming this week!

Acuna's home run last night was one of the hardest hit balls this decade and he has a chance to go 40-70

Last edited:
Flying down to Hotlanta with my 7-year-old to see a couple games next weekend. This team is just non-stop entertainment. Incredible. Also, I'm tired. Glad the west coast trip is ending...

Flying down to Hotlanta with my 7-year-old to see a couple games next weekend. This team is just non-stop entertainment. Incredible. Also, I'm tired. Glad the west coast trip is ending...
That’s awesome! I got season tickets and will be there for three games this week. It’s crazy how the atmosphere has changed the past month. We are in full playoff mode now! Hope
You guys have a blast!

Yes, the Omni. My daughter and I went to the Orioles series months ago. The last time this group went was for Freeman’s first game back.

I may take you up on that! I will have to bring my Wake CWS cap along with a Braves one.

Back