• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

bryce young will be better than daniel jones in 2023-2024
Depends what you mean by "better". If the Giants don't drastically upgrade their WRs this weekend, then Young could definitely have better passing stats. However, DJ likely leads his team to more wins and in a tougher division.

Young - the next Drew Brees
Stroud - the next Fields
Levis - the next Leaf
Richardson - the next Lance
Hooker - irrelevant

That's a big oops, Texans. I hope they take Levis. We should go on record and say what these QBs will become:

Young - top 10 QB
Stroud - solid franchise QB
Levis - bust
AR15 - eventually a pretty good starter, kinda like Fields, after a year or 2 of pain - if he goes to the right team
Hooker - middling starter
Hooker- high-end back-up with some limited success as a starter. Case Keenum.
AR15- flash in the pan where he kills it for fantasy for 2 years but is never above mediocre as far as the NFL is concerned. Vince Young.
Levis- Bust. Zach Wilson.
Stroud- low-end starter, game manager. Jared Goff.
Young- Nobel Prize winner, Congressional Medal of Honor, People's Sexiest Man Alive, nine-time Super Bowl MVP

with the way contracts work in the NFL, it seems like taking an old QB is a good move based on the logic that they're spending more of their prime years locked into a contract that artificially suppresses their value

requires the QB to be actually good, of course

i actually have Hooker as the #3 QB in the draft. being 25 is killing his draft stock but in the right place he would be a really good QB.

Man, following the "Freezingcoldtakes" Instagram account is enough to make anyone a draft nihilist.
I follow Freezing Cold Takes and it's good for laughs. But the NFL Draft is an easy target. It's about 7 players per 55 man roster and only some of that roster has a long career. On draft days, everyone is and should be positive and optimistic which makes it easy for Freezing Cold Takes to laugh at them when players inevitably don't pan out. Scouts and analysts shouldn't shit on players on the biggest day of their careers.

If Bryce Young becomes a top 15 QB the Panthers are probably happy (but not thrilled).

I think it’s crazy to project that Hendon Hooker has that kind of upside. Maybe the top 5th percentile of outcomes for Hooker is a top 20 QB, but if it was much better than that he’d be getting looked at much higher in the draft.
I think Young will be a top 10 QB within 2-3 years. And yeah, I think Hooker could be a top 20 QB. Watch the Bama highlights, and note the often extra wide splits the WRs have. And Young also had a pretty amazing day. Also note the 2 play, 15 second Mahomesesque drive for the winning FG.

with the way contracts work in the NFL, it seems like taking an old QB is a good move based on the logic that they're spending more of their prime years locked into a contract that artificially suppresses their value

requires the QB to be actually good, of course
Yeah. But the question is if he was good because he was that much older than everyone else.

995be536893cbc07681ea32b33bf90e6.jpg

I really want AT in round 3 or 4. Though I'm not sure he's the level of route runner Bryce demands? I can remember a couple Hartman picks due to sloppy AT cuts that the defender jumped.

Edge or TE in the 2nd and best available TE or WR in the 3rd seems right to me.

Carolina working on getting another 1st round pick

guitar's scoop on Will McDonald....?

Because Hurst would make a much better TE2 beside a legit TE1.

I really want AT in round 3 or 4. Though I'm not sure he's the level of route runner Bryce demands? I can remember a couple Hartman picks due to sloppy AT cuts that the defender jumped.
Cedric Tillman might be a better choice in round 3 than AT. He's not fast but is more polished. And ISU's Hutchinson would be good in the early 5th. And as good as he was above against Bama, stay away from Hyatt at 39. He's pure speed with good hands but isn't a good route runner and doesn't block at 6', 180. He needs to go to a pass happy team like KC.

Back