• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

That's a big oops, Texans. I hope they take Levis. We should go on record and say what these QBs will become:

Young - top 10 QB
Stroud - solid franchise QB
Levis - bust
AR15 - eventually a pretty good starter, kinda like Fields, after a year or 2 of pain - if he goes to the right team
Hooker - middling starter

That's a big oops, Texans. I hope they take Levis. We should go on record and say what these QBs will become:

Young - top 10 QB
Stroud - solid franchise QB
Levis - bust
AR15 - eventually a pretty good starter, kinda like Fields, after a year or 2 of pain - if he goes to the right team
Hooker - middling starter
You think that Hendon Hooker is going to be a top 20 NFL QB (middling starter)? That’s certainly a hot take.

You think that Hendon Hooker is going to be a top 20 NFL QB (middling starter)? That’s certainly a hot take.

I haven’t really paid attention to the QB talk outside the top 4. What’s the word on Hooker?

count me out on the 25 year old college QB that had 1 productive college season in a junk gimmick offense coming off a serious injury

Hooker is such a wildcard. He's coming off a serious injury that cost him the Heisman and likely the opportunity to prove himself on the biggest stage. Not to mention the questions surrounding Tennessee's style of offense.

I just don't see how the Texans could skip on QB or commit to AR. I know Ryans is salivating at the idea of taking a guy like Anderson, but history has proven that if he doesn't win in 3, max 4 years he's going to be out. AR is a 2 year minimum project, and they clearly can't bank on getting their guy at anything other than 1 next year if they tank...which they will if they don't fix their QB issues.

Aren’t 70% of 1st round QBs “busts”? If 4 of them get drafted in the first, seems like an easy prediction to say that 3 of them will be busts

Aren’t 70% of 1st round QBs “busts”? If 4 of them get drafted in the first, seems like an easy prediction to say that 3 of them will be busts

LOL. Yeah. That’s the easy part. But the hard part is saying which ones will be busts. People get paid a good money to know which ones.

Yeah, I like him going back to his VT days. He played well on some terrible VT offenses and was running for his life. And I wouldn't call Heupel's offense junk. Gimmicky that doesn't translate well to the NFL, yes. But they were putting 40some on everybody last year and 52 on Bama. And I credit Heupel and his cheat code offense for scheming guys open on a regular basis. I don't care about the age or the ACL, other than he might have to redshirt this year. What I like about him is he's athletic, has an above average but not elite arm, is accurate, is intelligent and a hard worker, he's interviewed well and he doesn't turn it over (58 TDs to 5 picks the last 2 years). But yeah, you watch his tape, and no pro offense is going to look like that. And 1 draftnik said after reviewing his 2022 tape that he had to go to his 2nd progression 15 times all year, which sounds about right having watched 6-7 of their games - they were a fun watch last year. I see him as a low ceiling, high floor guy who could become a 15-20 range QB if he's playing on a decent team. And as long as it's not the Texans.

I also like DTR as a middle round QB who could be a high end back-up and spot starter. Also think Bennett could be a good back-up.

So what song does the stadium go with for him on big plays? Forever Young would be the obvious choice, plus nothing fires up a crowd like some Rod Stewart. We Are Young by Fun? Young by Kenny Chesney? Bryce, Bryce Baby?

Pretty sure that is a young Andy Dalton in the video, so this sets up perfectly.

Chris McClain on 92.7 has been singing Bryce Bryce baby for weeks

If Bryce Young becomes a top 15 QB the Panthers are probably happy (but not thrilled).

I think it’s crazy to project that Hendon Hooker has that kind of upside. Maybe the top 5th percentile of outcomes for Hooker is a top 20 QB, but if it was much better than that he’d be getting looked at much higher in the draft.

bryce young will be better than daniel jones in 2023-2024

Back