• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Obviously, it's much harder to hide those flaws when trying to be the top pick for the most important position in sports, vs. a sales job in high Point, NC

Without Guitar leaking the pick here is where I'd be:

Enough with trying to be cute with smokescreens and baiting trades, pick the consensus #1 and try to go win the division. Draft Bryce Young

If it happened to be CJ, I could talk myself into it.
If it happened to be AR-15, I could talk myself into it, but I would also question a lot of things.

If it happened to be Levis, then this truly is a poverty franchise.

Agree with him there to some extent. I rarely look at resumes anymore when hiring. If anything, just gather some data points for conversation starters. Couldn't care less if a GPA is listed and what the number is. Rarely translates over to how good the employee will be. Show me you can problem-solve, communicate, have a strong work ethic, and most importantly sell me on your attitude; I'll take that over a GPA or strong resume any day of the week. Sure, it some cases that is a reflection on grades or testing on college, but many times it's not.
My hiring philosophy as well. Learned that from my 1st boss. She said throw away any resume where they were pretentious enough to put their GPA on the resume, and we never cared what school someone went to as long as they had their JD. Which reminds me of this Community clip.

I have come to the conclusion I would have been pretty alright with AR-15 at 9
They may not have traded up if they believed they could get him there. At the time, there was a legit fear that teams would trade into #1 and #3 and the QBs could go top 4.

There goes all of that Levis hype…back to 40-1
haven't informed any player they're the #1 pick, but what if that means we're trading with Houston and we've informed a player they will be the #2 pick?

word on the street is that houston ownership says they need to take a QB at 2 and that it’s going to be levis

wait

did matt rhule's shitty ass spring break send sallis to the deacs?!

Back