• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Well it isn’t hard to see 0-5 once you’re, ya know, 0-5.
Well yeah the 0-5 is easy to see, but there can be a whole lot of excuses for that. I imagine that Tepper can see that the roster actually sucks even backing out the injuries and the coaches don't have much to coach. I don't think he sees it as a coaching staff problem and his eyes will be trained on Fitterer. Just IMO

Well yeah the 0-5 is easy to see, but there can be a whole lot of excuses for that. I imagine that Tepper can see that the roster actually sucks even backing out the injuries and the coaches don't have much to coach. I don't think he sees it as a coaching staff problem and his eyes will be trained on Fitterer. Just IMO
The most likely scenario is there are no staff changes and Fit gets fired at the end of the season.

man - i remember john defilippo was the hot name on that staff too

was OC for the Vikings and fired in week 14
then went to jacksonville and fired after the season
then went to chicago to be QB coach on nagy's staff and then maybe retired in June 2022? or wasn't going to be invited back by the Bears?

he's now the HC for the New Orleans Breakers

despite all that - i might still trade him for reich right now

What he really needs to learn is to cut his dumb ass completely out of the process. But sadly he also has shown no ability to hire the right people to run the franchise

Think we could bring Wilks back one more time. I would also trade Sanders if I could find a taker.so trade Burns, Chinn, Frankie, Marshall, Dalton, Sanders, Theilin., and D. Jackson if we could dump them all.

Realistically you are getting next to nothing for Marshall, Dalton, Sanders and Theilien. Not much of a coup for D jackson either.

So Reich apparently forgot to communicate to his coaches that he did want TMJ to play. I can’t comprehend how that happens. Did no coach in the middle of the game bring up the fact that he hadn’t gotten a snap yet? Was there some agreement earlier in the week that he wasn’t going to play, and Reich then changed his mind, and then forgot to mention that little strategy adjustment to his staff? What the wide world of amateur hour is going on?

This reminds me of when you’re a kid on some team and you haven’t gotten any playing time yet, and you’re sitting on the bench wondering, does he intend not to play me, or did he forget I haven’t gone in yet?

Maybe none of you star athletes experienced that particular youthful frustration. But TMJ probably never imagined that it could happen to him as a pro.

I guess he's been so unremarkable it's easy to overlook. also one of the few receivers who's a holdover and Reich didn't have a hand in bringing him in.

Did he have mistakes like this with the Colts? It’s clear that Reich can’t handle head coaching and playcalling duties.

Did he have mistakes like this with the Colts? It’s clear that Reich can’t handle head coaching and playcalling duties.
it's the fine line of not wanting a meddling owner like Jerry Jones, but someone needs to talk to Reich and tell him to get his shit together ASAP

To me, that’s the irony, and even more indicting. If you’re the one directly calling the plays, you should be most acutely aware of your personnel on every play.

if you go back over reich's career

he was promoted to chargers OC when wisenhunt left. then he completely shit the bed and tanked the offense and was fired.

Reich has been brutal to the naked eye for sure. I am down on him. But the Panthers have a bad roster. And key injuries have exposed how thin the roster is as well. Reich has very little to work with. I think it's a real challenge to run an offense with a bad offensive line that gives the rookie QB very little time to throw and go through progressions, no running game (see bad OL), and receivers that can't get open. The result is you are playing against defenses that have zero worries for a deep ball so they make life miserable in every way for any run or short pass. That makes play-calling rough unless you are really creative and Reich is not one of those guys. And then you have a defense that's on the field a lot without it's leader (Shaq) and best CB (Horn).

outside of the super bowl run on the eagles staff, there's not much in reich's coaching background that gives me confidence

Reich has been brutal to the naked eye for sure. I am down on him. But the Panthers have a bad roster. And key injuries have exposed how thin the roster is as well. Reich has very little to work with. I think it's a real challenge to run an offense with a bad offensive line that gives the rookie QB very little time to throw and go through progressions, no running game (see bad OL), and receivers that can't get open. The result is you are playing against defenses that have zero worries for a deep ball so they make life miserable in every way for any run or short pass. That makes play-calling rough unless you are really creative and Reich is not one of those guys. And then you have a defense that's on the field a lot without it's leader (Shaq) and best CB (Horn).

Agreed with most of this. But doesn't everything then point back to Fitterer and roster construction? It was my understanding that you're high on Fitt. Or you were a few weeks back when listing off the good moves/signings he has made.

How long is Christensen out? Now Zavala looks to be missing time, which you'd think is a positive, but I don't know what is behind him.

Back