• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

my coach wishlist for now:

Ben Johnson
Mike Macdonald
Frank Smith

Maybe:

Flores
Brian Johnson
Slowik

Since Philly wants Brian Johnson fired I'd probably remove him. With Mike McD calling plays in Miami, I'd also remove Frank Smith. My shortlist is:

Ben Johnson
Brian Flores
Bobby Slowik
Mike Macdonald

I could be talked into Harbaugh but he ain't leaving Michigan so no point wasting time.

I don't know , this seems like the perfect time for Harbaugh to leave....he's pissed at the big ten suits. Michigan is like we like you but we just went 6-0 without you and you have a lot of baggage.

No chance. You can't move two separate franchises to the same city. Both would have to get league approval first. Tepper has been scooping up properties around BoA left and right. Just sunk a ton of money into the new Charlotte FC training facility. He's not going anywhere.

Agree that he can't get out of Charlotte unless the city becomes extremely unreasonable in terms of working with him. The league wants a team here and it's been proven to be a viable market.

He really hasn't purchased much property around the stadium to my knowledge other than a few acres on West Morehead Street. He didn't buy the site next to the Panthers practice facility unless he's a very silent partner in the deal. He didn't buy the Duke Energy parking deck across the street from the stadium. And he hasn't jumped on the Charlotte Pipe and Foundry site across the street from the stadium, if it's even available to purchase.

Agree that he can't get out of Charlotte unless the city becomes extremely unreasonable in terms of working with him. The league wants a team here and it's been proven to be a viable market.

He really hasn't purchased much property around the stadium to my knowledge other than a few acres on West Morehead Street. He didn't buy the site next to the Panthers practice facility unless he's a very silent partner in the deal. He didn't buy the Duke Energy parking deck across the street from the stadium. And he hasn't jumped on the Charlotte Pipe and Foundry site across the street from the stadium, if it's even available to purchase.
I don't think Pipe and Foundry has been available yet. Although you would think for the right number, it would be.

It isn't gonna be available if Tepper is the buyer. The Dowds and the Hardisons hate Tepper.
A Different World Side Eye GIF - A Different World Side Eye Stare GIFs

tepper tried to get mike tomlin fired in 2018 when he was still a minority partner in the steelers

man, Tomlin is my favorite coach in the NFL! i didn't know it was possible, but i dislike Tepper more now.

prepare for a [Redacted] like hire...
we thought that Tepper hired the most milquetoast OWG possible who was allegedly fired for backtalking the owner?

we gonna get an even more whitebread guy this time?

my coach wishlist for now:

Ben Johnson
Mike Macdonald
Frank Smith

Maybe:

Flores
Brian Johnson
Slowik
You shut your whore mouth. Don't take our DC.

That said, I think he's grown into being a good DC, and he has the rep of being extremely bright. Also a devout Catholic just like Harbs - think they go to the same church. My 1 quibble with him is he and Lamar are the 2 major culprits of our blown double digit 2nd half leads the last 2 seasons. With Lamar, it's the 4th quarter TOs, lower completion % and holding it too long. With McDonald, I think the tendency has mostly to go to a softer zone with a double digit lead in the 4th quarter. But I think he's getting better about that, as evidenced by the great performance Sunday night when Lamar and the OL forgot how to play in the 2nd half. I've been thinking he'll be a head coach before too long, though I doubt it's this offseason. The other issue with him is he doesn't have an offensive assistant compatriot to bring with him like Ryans did with Slowik.

I agree that Flores and Ben Johnson are likely HC hires this cycle and maybe Slowik before too long. But the real key is 1st hiring a GM. And that GM should be a current director of college scouting on a perennial playoff contender - not another pro personnel guy.

Y’all hear that Third Leg Greg is interested in the coaching job? Hmm

My guess I’d Cardwell gets the gig, temp style. Earn it for next year, doubtful, but gives time for a proper search.

Back