• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Anyone going to come out and counter Teppers claim that Young was the unanimous choice? The complete opposite of what Guitar reported this morning.
that is such an easy question to skirt around though. At some point in the process Young likely WAS the unanimous choice after a bunch of cajoling and coercion.
"Mr. Tepper, can you comment on reports on the Wake Forest Message board that Young was NOT the unanimous choice?"

Last Steelers playoff win was 1/15/2017.

Last Panthers playoff win was 1/24/2016.

The thing that gets me about Tepper is he has always worshiped the Steelers organization to the point that he had to buy into it. And literally every moment of his ownership has been the opposite of the Steelers way.

Sure. But he thought Matt Rhule was his Chuck Noll.

I mean I'm not at all shocked that a petty, thin-skinned billionaire doesn't want to directly address the columnist whose column ran on the front page saying he needs to GTFO
Yeah Tepper is thin skinned and he seems to really not like Scott Fowler from the Observer. They had a pretty heated exchange at the press conference after Matt Rhule firing.

Yeah Tepper is thin skinned and he seems to really not like Scott Fowler from the Observer. They had a pretty heated exchange at the press conference after Matt Rhule firing.
Tepper didn't take any questions from Fowler during todays presser. Didn't even acknowledge he was in the room. What a dick.

I really don't like the condescending attitude from Tepper towards the fans. The NFL only exists because of fans, and it's becoming a real dilemma for me wanting Tepper to fail and the Panthers/Bryce to succeed.

Tepper didn't take any questions from Fowler during todays presser. Didn't even acknowledge he was in the room. What a dick.

Would you take questions or acknowledge a dude who put out a hit piece on you less than 24 hours ago? Fowler high key brought that one on himself.

Would you take questions or acknowledge a dude who put out a hit piece on you less than 24 hours ago? Fowler high key brought that one on himself.
THIS. Zero chance I'm talking to some dweeb reporter that just published that hit piece.

I guess I should add, being in the room was very strange. All the Panthers media relations and video people are very on edge. When Tabor came out, none of the beat writers or charlotte tv people wanted to ask him any questions, so the PR people got the WFNZ radio guy to ask a question. Tabor gave good coachspeak, but said absolutely nothing. Panthers are such a shit show.

I used be a season ticket holder during the Cam years, but I gave those up and never make it to games anymore (for life reasons, as well as we suck reasons). I don't closely follow everything Tepper says or does in CLT. However, I don't think that press conference is that bad. What do people expect him to say? He knows this is a shitshow. He said the buck stops with him. He said they are going to reevaluate everything. I think it is pretty unrealistic to have expected him to go up there say that he is a total failure and is giving up all control. Hell, part of the fun of owning a sports franchise, I assume, is having some control.

Get rid of Fit and find someone to build a roster around Bryce.

I really don't like the condescending attitude from Tepper towards the fans. The NFL only exists because of fans, and it's becoming a real dilemma for me wanting Tepper to fail and the Panthers/Bryce to succeed.
yeah. I really do think Tepper would seriously consider moving the team, not like he has any ties to Charlotte or really gives a fuck.

Headline on the WaPo right now: Offensive-minded NFL head coaches more likely to succeed

we just fired the only offensive-minded coach in team history

yeah. I really do think Tepper would seriously consider moving the team, not like he has any ties to Charlotte or really gives a fuck.

No chance. You can't move two separate franchises to the same city. Both would have to get league approval first. Tepper has been scooping up properties around BoA left and right. Just sunk a ton of money into the new Charlotte FC training facility. He's not going anywhere.

No chance. You can't move two separate franchises to the same city. Both would have to get league approval first. Tepper has been scooping up properties around BoA left and right. Just sunk a ton of money into the new Charlotte FC training facility. He's not going anywhere.
Is it billboard time in Charlotte yet? I would chuckle at a billboard right near the facility calling him public enemy #1.

I understand the logic. But it doesn't seem wise to assume that Tepper having sunk money into a new practice facility means he won't move on from that plan.

I understand the logic. But it doesn't seem wise to assume that Tepper having sunk money into a new practice facility means he won't move on from that plan.

The only logical move I could see is Tepper being the European NFL team and leaving Charlotte FC as is. CFC is an MLS cash cow, soccer in the south is hotter than ever. No chance they move. So NFL to Europe would be the only option, IMO.

my coach wishlist for now:

Ben Johnson
Mike Macdonald
Frank Smith

Maybe:

Flores
Brian Johnson
Slowik

The only logical move I could see is Tepper being the European NFL team and leaving Charlotte FC as is. CFC is an MLS cash cow, soccer in the south is hotter than ever. No chance they move. So NFL to Europe would be the only option, IMO.
That or becoming Los Panteras in Mexico City. None of the potential NFL cities seem possible: St. Louis, OKC, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Antonio/Austin, Sacramento?

Back