• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

On a per game basis, Levis and DeVito have both had better rookie seasons than Stroud, they just started later in the season because of injury.
Wut. Levis fan here, and you are bullshitting
This is Strouds stats from his first 6 games of the season:
IMG_2250.jpeg
Basically 250yds ppg, 9td/1int

Levis and Devito aren’t close to that. Stroud is in a category by himself.

Don’t worry Stroud doesn’t have the right consultants and will have a season ending injury from the wrong cleats soon enough.

My point over the last year was that the Panthers should not draft either Young or Stroud, they should draft Jalen Carter, keep Darnold, and take a QB this year. That point still stands. It was correct then and is even more correct now.

If you all want to find some solace in CJ Stroud being semi-decent for Houston, and try to dunk on me for that, then have at it. But as we've seen when he doesn't have his high-level WRs, he isn't noticeably any better than Bryce. And it doesn't matter, the Panthers didn't take him, and who gives a rats ass what Houston does. But they wouldn't be any better with him here than they are now. Instead, had the Panthers listened to me, they wouldn't be in the septic tank hole that they are in now.

Peyton Manning threw for 3700 yards, 57%, 26 TDs, 28 Ints for a 71 rating in 1998. It's still too soon to write Bryce off.

those stats are a million times better than his
That's a full season for Peyton in an actual NFL coached offense with actual NFL players that allowed Peyton to throw the ball. And he mostly threw to the other team. And he had Marvin Harrison and Marshall Faulk.

Gonna die on that hill. I look across the horizon and see 2&2

Last edited:
Guys, just remember that 2and2 said Daniel Jones's contract extension was a good deal at the beginning of the year, and take all his many NFL QB takes with a grain of salt......you'll be much better off.

My point over the last year was that the Panthers should not draft either Young or Stroud, they should draft Jalen Carter, keep Darnold, and take a QB this year. That point still stands. It was correct then and is even more correct now.

This was my thought as well. This year has a number of really good QB options. I wanted Stroud early and got persuaded due to those test results. I thought moving up was giving too much for a full rebuild The team was not a QB away from the playoffs!

That's a full season for Peyton in an actual NFL coached offense with actual NFL players that allowed Peyton to throw the ball. And he mostly threw to the other team. And he had Marvin Harrison and Marshall Faulk.

Gonna die on that hill. I look across the horizon and see 2&2

eh - that's the one exception

most QBs with a season like bryce's have flamed out. there have been QBs that had much better seasons than bryce and flamed out as well.

bryce's rookie year so far comps fairly close to tim couch's

Some good quotes from Cam.

“They should’ve never gotten rid of C-Mac,” he said. “First off, confidentially, I’m goin’ into waters where this is trusted source. This is information that a lot of people wouldn’t know unless you’re there. They didn’t know how to coach C-Mac. That’s the truth. There’s no reason why this guy is having 40 touches a game and he’s still practicing on Wednesday. They don’t know how to coach a star.”

He had this to say when closing up his thoughts on Rhule:

“But the moral of the story is—coaches have to also be held to a standard that players are as well. And Matt Rhule was in over his head as far as how to operate an effective and efficient NFL locker room. And he didn’t necessarily know it.”

How many fans will actually be in the stadium today? Pouring rain and in the 40’s throughout the whole game combined with a 1-12 team…definitely less than 10k, right?

How many fans will actually be in the stadium today? Pouring rain and in the 40’s throughout the whole game combined with a 1-12 team…definitely less than 10k, right?

The ticket prices were in the 40s as well.

Cents.

I’ve been offered free tickets to this one several times. If it was just me I’d go and double up on rain jackets but I can’t make the kids do this AND watch the product on the field.

If you all want to find some solace in CJ Stroud being semi-decent for Houston, and try to dunk on me for that, then have at it. But as we've seen when he doesn't have his high-level WRs, he isn't noticeably any better than Bryce. And it doesn't matter, the Panthers didn't take him, and who gives a rats ass what Houston does. But they wouldn't be any better with him here than they are now. Instead, had the Panthers listened to me, they wouldn't be in the septic tank hole that they are in now.
Lol, i was a Stroud hater but the dude is having one of the best rookie QB seasons ever.

I wish I could hate as hard as you

Seems like a problem if your LT is thrown 2-3 yards behind the LOS on 4th and 1.

Seems weird to have a LB kickoff, but it looks like something cute the ST coach allowed him to do in a low risk situation.

I mean he’s easily across the line there
I'd be happy getting rid of the calf down because that's too subjective and weird to figure out. Just stick with the knee.

Back