• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

While Stroud would have had a better individual season if the Panthers drafted him, I’m not sure how much better he would (and the panthers record) would be under Reich and co.

Who do you take in that situation? Marvin Harrison and 1 of the OTs?

Edit: Or take Harrison and Nabers to give Fields the best WR tandom in the league?
Watching today I’m not sure they need an OT.
I’d take Harrison and then try to get an edge. Or if you like Nabers as much as Harrison you could trade the number 3. Who knows. All kind of options when you have two of the top 6

But no one wants Bears thoughts on this thread. I’ll take it to the main NFL thread.

Man I have just seen nothing out of Bryce that makes me think he’s a NFL QB. He throws with good anticipation, but his arm strength is so lacking it doesn’t really matter.

Man I have just seen nothing out of Bryce that makes me think he’s a NFL QB. He throws with good anticipation, but his arm strength is so lacking it doesn’t really matter.
I think he’s a NFL QB. With a regular OL and WR group he’s above average. You couple that with a good defense and it’s a winning formula.

Now, having a Competent owner and GM to do that is a different story.

Pro football network scouting report on Bryce arm:

Natural talent is always abundant in the top QB prospects. That's certainly the case for Young. His arm isn't quite elite, but he does have great baseline arm talent, consistently generates good velocity on throws, and has shown to push that velocity through all ranges.

He has the pace to deliver passes quickly, especially in the short and intermediate ranges.

Young has enough arm strength to function, but his arm elasticity is what truly generates appeal. The Alabama QB's arm is very elastic, and he can throw from different arm angles while maintaining velocity generation.

Moreover, he's able to throw with easy velocity and accuracy off-platform. He's a snappy, flexible thrower who can generate velocity from points of discomfort. Young can also actively adjust his arm angle to widen throwing windows, avoiding lurking rushers and

Granted it was miserable, weather wise, today but he made one throw that looked like it was everything he had. And it went maybe 30 yards incomplete. Hopefully as he matures, he will gain some more strength. But who knows if it's possible without screwing up his mechanics.

Kneel it three times then kick it with seconds left.
I kind of wanted them to kick it on 3rd down, even if it left about 20 seconds on the clock, in case of a bad snap or hold in that weather (and just fall on it and try again on 4th down), but kicking on 4th down made it a much more dramatic ending.

Back